clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Cue the Waterworks and Vitamin C’s “Graduation Song”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Many of us want to bury ourselves in a hole and rock back and forth in the fetal position until someone gives us the answer on what to do next with our lives, and the rest of us might actually have a plan for our oncoming future – fingers crossed.

With the infamous day quickly approaching, make sure you have everything in line to ensure a smooth graduation day.

1. Make sure you pick up your cap and gown from the second floor of the bookstore. Starting Monday, April 27th you can pick up your cap and gown – and don’t forget to decorate it, because unlike most schools, we don’t have to give them back!

2. Remember to fill out your name card once they send it to our mailboxes! This will be the name they call when you actually walk across the stage, so unless your mom and dad know you as “Princess Consuela Banana Hammock,” I suggest you properly write down your full name.

3. Friday the 8th from 5-7pm on the 9th floor of Vaughn is the Graduation Reception where you can mingle with alumni, professors, and enjoy complimentary beverages and food and a gift from alumni. So you should go because who doesn’t love free stuff and food?

4.  Get there on time! Graduation starts at 9:30am on Saturday morning. Make sure you are there no later than 9am! The only good thing is we should be out before noontime to start our celebration festivities!

But before all of the logistics, don’t forget to do all the fun stuff too…like spending your last Happy Hour living it up with friends, or trying one last time to find a way up to the minarets. Even finally saying to hell with it and asking one of the guys Tony set you up with in the omelet line for his number, or going out to SoHo every night all week just because you can and may never get the chance to again.

Congrats to all the graduating seniors of 2015!

Graduation will be held at the Amalie Arena in Channelside on Saturday May 9th at 9:30am. I hope to see you all there!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,

A senior at the University of Tampa, Brianne is finishing up her degree in Communications. After graduation, she hopes to have a job in her field of choice; whether it be in her home state of Massachusetts, here in Tampa, or somewhere new and exciting. And if that doesn’t work out as planned, she has her reality television applications ready at hand - say hello to your next Bachelorette! But until graduation day, Brianne has full blown Peter Pan Syndrome. As she refuses to grow up, you can find her watching Disney movies, planning trips to the zoo to feed the giraffes, eating dessert for dinner, and coloring any chance she gets. Buzzfeed, Netflix, anything coconut, and wine are also some of her guilty pleasures.