This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We’ve been here before, haven’t we? Graduating again? Already? And Where did the time go, seriously?

This one is for all my 2020 COVID-19 high school grads. Our time is finally here, but it feels too soon. It feels like I was just applying to a Florida school to try something new and take the next steps in my education, but where do I go now?

I was just a scared 18-year-old trying to hide my anxiety that I was moving states away from my family when they told me that these four years were going to be the best four years of my life. I would say that was true, but you never know what’s to come.

Either you are itching to get out of college or want to be here forever; there is no in-between. The college experience was amazing, but once the second semester of senior year comes, you’ll ask where the time went. 

In a few months, it will be time to wear your big girl pants and face the world! You may have no idea what the future holds, but it is scary to think about. Most of you, May 2024 graduates, may have jobs lined up, grad school programs, or even moving back home, and that is great. That is where your future will take you next. 

Go with the flow and let life take you where it wants to take you. If you have dreams, then chase them. There will be many opportunities for you in the coming years.

This is the time when you start applying for more internships or jobs and maybe even grad schools. Even though college may have been the best chapter in your life so far, that doesn’t mean there aren’t more great ones to come.

Alexis Duffy is the President and Senior Editor at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She writes and edits articles as well as managing the chapter at Tampa. Her articles cover entertainment and lifestyle topics focusing on films and traveling. Outside of Her Campus, Alexis is a senior at the University of Tampa, double majoring in Communication, Media & Culture, and Advertising & Public Relations. She is currently an part time employee at the Tampa Bay Arts & Education Network, where she works on media projects and shadows in the tv studios helping with production. Alexis enjoys art, adventures, film, and traveling during her downtime. She often finds herself going down a rabbit hole when watching videos about the production of a movie, interviews, and fun facts about cinema. Alexis always seems to have her phases, whether it’s a Harry Potter marathon or watching The Dark Knight Trilogy.