Campus Cutie: Woody Li

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Siu Hon Li (Wooody)

Year: Senior

Hometown: Hong Kong, China

Major: Advertising & Public Relations

Age: 21

How are you involoved on campus? 

I am currently on the executive board of Spartan Climbers (rock climbing), I perform in UT’s Dance Happening and Concert shows.  I’m also a member of the Spartan Calisthencis Club. 

Who is your celebrity crush?

Don’t really have one, I don’t chase after celebs. 

Where is your favortie palce to eat in Tampa?

Taps Wine and Beer Restaurant located in Downtwon.  Oishi Japanese Hibachi, Sushi & BBQ Restaurant locted in Channelside. 

Outpost (their hot wings are amazing)

What is your biggest turnoff?

People who brag and can’t back it up.  Stuck ups. 

If you could be on any TV show, what would it be and why? 

I would love to be on Jimmy Fallon but first I need to do something significant to be on there. 

What is one thing your can’t live without?

My contact lenses, I am never working out with glasses on ever again. 

What is your guilty pleasure? 

Eating an entire tub of ice cream in one go. The bigger the tub, the better. 

Who is your role model and why?

Anyone who is able to do a blackflip or a flare (gymnastic move).  Being able to do a flare has always been a dream of mine since I was a kid.  I remeber when I frist saw a B-boy performing a flare on stage.  It looked impossible and defying gravity at the same time.  Now with training, I beliebe that I will be able to do it, one day… someday…

Describe your ideal girl?

As long as she enjoys laughing with me and like the food I cook for her. 

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

I tried to do a backflip for the first time last year in December right before finals week.  I flipped but when I landed my left ankel popped out inward, so I popped it back in instantly.   Two days later, I went to the hospital because I didnt believe that I broke it.  And they told me I broke it.  When I saw the x-ray in three pieces apparently. 

Single or nah?

Sinlge

What is your dream job?

As long as I make enough money to buy my parents a house to live in my home- Hong Kong, I dont mind what I have to go through but they need to be comfortable.  The prices are skyrocket high because it is a very dense city much like New York.  I want to pay them back as much as possible for giving me everything.  Especially here in America. 

What quote do you live by? 

“Treat others the way you want to be treated.” My dad told me to always stand by it and I have. 

I'm a senior Journalism major and Communications minor at the University of Tampa. Born and raised in New Jersey, I naturally gravitated to the sunshine state. Career goal: magazine writer/editor. I'm the campus cutie/celeb editor for Her Campus at my school. Besides that, I'm obsessed with anything Disney and enjoy working out at the gym, going to yoga, shopping, watching movies and going out with friends, as well as long walks on the beach. Some of my guilty pleasures include anything peanut butter, pina coladas, the Lion King movie, Jacuzzis, and tattoos. Fun fact: I still can't swim.
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.