Campus Cutie: Gabriela Ortiz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

It’s time for this week’s Campus Cutie: Gaby Ortiz! Gaby is currently a 20 year-old junior, majoring in Advertisement and Public Relations. Her hometown is San Juan, Puerto Rico. Some of her favorite hobbies include painting, drawing, biking and working out. On campus she is involved in a variety of organizations, such as Sigma Delta Tau as the Ad & PR Chair, and a member of the advertisement student organization. She also speaks fluent French, Spanish and English. How impressive is that?

5 years from now she hopes to not be married but maybe considering it. She wishes to be living in a loft with a lot of windows and space in California, with a killer view, pit-bull puppy, and working in the creative department for Coca-Cola.

Gaby’s methods of relaxation are simple! She enjoys having a cup of chai or berry tea outside while sitting under a tree. Another way she unwinds is through running or working out.  Her favorite places to shop are Urban Outfitters or Free People, which definitely shows through her unique style. Her go to outfits are a maxi dress or gym clothes, but she has never owned sweatpants!

An ideal date for Gaby would be doing something active, such as snorkeling, hiking, or boating. She would prefer a picnic to a fancy restaurant and sunflowers over roses. Guys, be sure to keep this in mind!

For a role model, Gabriela’s mother is most definitely hers! She beat breast cancer 6 months ago and has been able to keep up her driven and positive attitudes. While receiving Chemo, Gaby’s mother continued to be captain of her tennis team and run errands. Gaby greatly admires her mother’s strength and personality.

If Gaby were to be trapped on an island with 3 people, she would choose Anthony Bourdain for his cooking skills, Kevin Hart for a good laugh, and Dora the Explorer for her knowledge of expeditions.

I am an Ad & Pr major at the University of Tampa. I live a very healthy life, by clean eating and staying active. I love the outdoors, whether it's kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, paddle boarding, yoga, etc.