Campus Celebrity: Torrie Winsett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Meet the Vice President of Student Government, Torrie Winsett!  Torrie is a 22-year-old Senior at The University of Tampa studying Communications with a double minor in Advertising and Public Relations.  Winsett calls Florida her home, since she has lived in Tampa her entire life.  Since Torrie has been at The University of Tampa, she has accomplished so many things such as making the Dean’s List twice, was the Vice President of Communications of Athletic Marketing (which she still is apart of), she was apart of Hall Council her sophomore year which allowed her to put on events for her dorm room, and now she is the Vice President of Student Government. 

She loves to be with her family and friends, and loves to be on the water anytime she can be.  Growing up a Florida girl, who doesn’t like to be near the water?  When she is on the water she loves to kayak and swim.  Torrie also loves to go to the shooting range (you know being from Florida and all) and enjoys baking delicious treats (to share of course).  She describes herself in three ways;  dependable, determined and very funny (which she isn’t lying). Torrie can make anyone laugh at any time of day!  

Where she sees herself in five years, she said she isn’t sure but she would love to move to Nashville or Georgia and own an event planning company.  Torrie does not want to stay in Florida because she grew up here; she wants to experience something different! Everyone should take the time to get to know our Vice President of Student Government. She is a genuine person and will have you falling over laughing in no time.