Campus Celebrity: Morgan Fowler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Morgan Fowler

Year: 2017

Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia/Tallahassee, Florida

Major: International Business and Entrepreneurship with a Minor in Pre-Law

Age: 20

How are you involved on campus?

I will be on two dance teams (again) and I am the secretary for an organization called “She’s The First” who helps raise funds for girls in developing countries to get an education, RA in Straz, and I am the current Miss. Phi Beta Sigma.

Who is your role model and why?

Misty Copeland. Ballet has been around everywhere since the 18th century, right? She is the first black principal dancer of a company that has been around since the beginning. She’s making such strikes since she was younger, and I know they told me this, “you don’t have the right arch, you don’t have the right body type, you can’t do this” and through all of it, she’s done everything possible in the dance world.

If you had to live off of one food for the rest of your life what would it be?

Red Bull, that or pancakes. I would eat pancakes for the rest of my life.

What is your favorite place to eat in Tampa?

Bahama Breeze. I know it’s a chain and I know there are so many other places in Tampa that are fancy and cute, but they’re just so good.

Describe your ideal date.

Did I put that? (I asked this because I knew it would make her uncomfortable) I’d want something really simple. I want someone to knock on my door to come pick me up. Already knows what’s gonna happen, not like “what do you wanna do?” Opens the door when I get in his car, takes me to whatever cute restaurant or a movie, maybe walk me on the beach.

Who is your celebrity crush?

*puts hands on face* MGK. Machine Gun Kelly, I love him. I somewhat consider him our generation’s Eminem and I get yelled at for that. He has this rock background in his music that’s really different in rap. I went to his concert and my ears were ringing 5 hours after the concert, it was the best experience ever.

If you could meet one person who would it be?

Cleopatra. I really like Egyptian culture and ancestry. When you look at all of their history, she’s the only real female figure but she was so powerful and on a pedestal through all of it. I want to know what her life was like on a daily basis.

What would you do with a million dollars?

I would buy my dad a house, and I know that’s kind of cliche but my dad is literally been there for me through everything and does everything for me that he possibly can. Sometimes he’ll sit there and say, “I’m not entirely sure I can retire”. And put my brother through college at Duke.

What is your favorite show to watch on Netflix?

I just went through Scandal all over again, Switched at Birth, and now I’m watching Once Upon A Time.

What is your favorite Pandora playlist?

I don’t use pandora anymore, I use Spotify now. I just make my own playlist depending on the day or the time.

What are some of your pet peeves?

Don’t snap at me. Don’t ever, ever snap at me! I’ll bite your hand off, just don’t do it. Oh and don’t talk to me like I’m slow!

What has been your greatest accomplishment thus far in your life?

Being Miss. Phi Beta Sigma, especially since I wasn’t really supposed to win. There were girls who were prettier, more talented, had more connections, and knew they wanted to do the pageant from the beginning. So I thought, “Oh okay! I like the sigmas” and they kept telling me to do it, and my mom was really excited. There was a lot. It was the first time I performed my own choreography by myself. It was literally the most nerve-wracking thing.

What do you miss about home while you are at school?

My dad.

What is one thing you could never live without?

Music, I need an endless connection to music. Whether it’s to sing along, listen to the lyrics, or dance.

Darla Saycocie is a Junior at the University of Tampa studying Communications, Business, and Advertisement. Originally a Massachusetts native, Darla now resides in the sunshine state of Florida where she also goes to school at the University of Tampa. A lover of all things Spongebob and Disney related, she's also an avid foodie who is always down to grab lunch and get a bite of something new. 
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.