Molly Peach-Girls Laughing At Night
Molly Peach-Girls Laughing At Night
Molly Peach / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

BFFs or Something Like That.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

What does being best friends forever mean to you? To me being friends means that you are always there for me and that I don’t have to do life alone. It means that I have someone that will always make me feel better because they know me so well and know how to make me smile even if they may not know what is making me upset. I think my definition is a pretty good definition. However, this week I realized not everyone shares this definition. Apparently my own best friend did not. To her I had to tell her everything, there were no exceptions and her and I had to be the closest. Her and i had a few fights on and off when i would start dating someone and she felt left out and wanted my attention. But recently, when I brought up my sex life and she became judgy and unsupportive I decided to no longer talk to her about that part of my life and create a hard boundary to protect myself, and our friendship just seemed to work better when tha topic was off the table. However, now I am best friendless. My best friend from high school decided to end our friendship because of my boundary. I was honestly crushed and devastated. But after a lot of thought and mulling it over this might honestly be for the best, I don’t need someone in my life that demands to know everything about me including the parts they judge. I don’t need someone so toxically clingy that I become suffocated and do not feel like my own person. This may honestly be a good change. 2020 has been rough and has come with lots of curve balls and valleys that I didn’t see coming and this may just be another one of those that turns into something even better. And who knows maybe we will be friends again in the future though at this point I couldn’t care less because I know that I am valid in my boundaries and I want people in my life that will respect them and respect me for placing them.

Hi, my name is Jessica! I am so excited to be apart of HerCampusUT this year, I am a junior at the University of Tampa and I am a duel Major in Political Science and International Relations.