- Not drinking water
…And it can only go downhill from here
- but yes, I admit it. I hate drinking water. I know it sounds ridiculous but sometimes it just seems like such a waste of time, and why can’t I drink tea the whole day? (it taste WAY better). I don’t like peeing and having the feeling of being heavy and bloated and having to carry that big jug all that (like, my back hurts from carrying half a gallon in my bag, with me all day). My friends mock me ALL the time, because coming from someone who’s all about “eating right”, I can’t “drink right”. I also, get that it’s essential to my survival but really I think I can live without it (or with one cup a day) but that’s just me.
- Pulling my eyebrow hairs
- THANK GOD, I was born with THICC eyebrows because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t have any left. I primarily do this when I’m really stressed out and hunched over a computer (similarly to right now as I write this deep into the night and a day before it’s due, #YIKES #IneedADrink) it takes the edge off without having to result to an unhealthy habit like taking a smoke break. Also, I’m not pulling on them to pluck them, it’s more of a lightly grooming action.
- Playing with my feet
- If it were socially acceptable to rub your feet in public, I’d be the first (and probably the only) to bring a bottle of lotion to class so I can give myself a whole 2-hour foot massage.
***WARNING FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE DISGUSTED BY FEET***
***For those of you with a foot fetish: Ya WELCOME!
- Picking at my hair
- So I have curly hair. A LOT of curly hair. one of the things I like to do (especially in super long lecture classes) is picking at my fro and pulling out all of the loose hair and knots. There are times when I’m picking at it and a literally take a whole bit out (of dead strands) and it’s just an embarrassing mess because it’s already poofy so even just a little hair looks like you pulled half of your head off.
- Biting on my teeth
- This is weird because I’m not so much grinding on them, it’s more of a squishing them. Not like chewing gum, I just like pressing down on my back teeth. I don’t know, it’s so weird but I really enjoy the sensation of it.
- Leaving clean laundry on the floor
- Not dirty laundry, because that goes straight into the hamper, but clean clothes. I just like undressing and jumping in the shower straight away. I don’t start folding and putting things away (especially after a long day) I just take it all off, leave it in one spot on my carpet and getting into the shower.
After a while (if you can only imagine) I can barely see my chairs, couch, or floor. At my worst, I can’t see ALL 3, but I try my hardest not to let it get to that level. Sometimes it just happens…
- Picking at my nails
- Like the noise, you make from cleaning one nail with the other (if that makes sense). I’m only writing this in here because my boyfriend hates it. I truly don’t see a problem with it. His ears are too sensitive.
Now if you guys have any suggestions on how to break any of these, I am BEGGING you. Please help me out.
I’m a bit of a hard head, so I can’t just stop doing something because “it’s bad for you” but maybe you can help me create a new practice or find a distraction to solve any of these unhealthy habits. Comment down below and help a sis out!