A Fall Semester Over A Spring Semester Any Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Yes, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I would choose a fall semester over a spring semester any day. I have my reasons, and spring semester lovers have theirs, but today, I will convince you why the fall semester is superior. I’m just kidding; you can have your own opinions, and I’ll just argue mine.

Summer comes to an end, and everyone starts talking about seasonal depression and school work; however, in the fall, there are multiple things to look forward to! 

First up, in those first few weeks of school, we get to see all of our college friends again and have a great time with them, remembering how much we missed the college lifestyle. You get new courses and teachers, some you may like and some may not, but a change is good for you occasionally. A couple of weeks into the semester are the best. 

Hey, you may get into that heavy midterm area, but the next thing is the spooky month of October. This month is prime time for your fall traditions like scary movies, themed dinners, and planning Halloween costumes. Drink pumpkin spice and get ready for one of the best weekends in the academic calendar, Halloweekend. Decorate, dress up, and set the vibe for one of the best fall months. Who am I kidding? They’re all amazing.

Next up, November! If you are a foodie, this month is for you. The countdown to Thanksgiving begins. These few weeks get everyone antsy before they get to go home, see old friends, visit family, and eat  A LOT of food. 

Santa Baby… hurry Christmas up! December is simply the best. Everyone is in a great mood while cooking, shopping, drinking, etc.. This is the month to plan holiday parties with Secret Santa or white elephant games, and everyone can make themed drinks and food. Then, in the middle of the month, courses are finally over, and you get to go home to see your family for winter break and join in your holiday traditions. Now, how can you beat that?

Did I win you over? If I haven’t yet, you should try ice skating or tubing with your friends. I promise you will have a great time. The Fall semester has so many fun activities that totally beat the Spring semester for me, at least.

Alexis Duffy is the President and Senior Editor at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She writes and edits articles as well as managing the chapter at Tampa. Her articles cover entertainment and lifestyle topics focusing on films and traveling. Outside of Her Campus, Alexis is a senior at the University of Tampa, double majoring in Communication, Media & Culture, and Advertising & Public Relations. She is currently an part time employee at the Tampa Bay Arts & Education Network, where she works on media projects and shadows in the tv studios helping with production. Alexis enjoys art, adventures, film, and traveling during her downtime. She often finds herself going down a rabbit hole when watching videos about the production of a movie, interviews, and fun facts about cinema. Alexis always seems to have her phases, whether it’s a Harry Potter marathon or watching The Dark Knight Trilogy.