7 Different Valentine’s Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.
We all know that most people will take their Valentine out to dinner and a movie on Saturday. It’s most likely going to be over packed and may not go as you have planned. So, why not try mixing it up a little bit with these different date ideas for your Valentine’s Day.

1. Go to a hockey game
Instead of going to overcrowded restaurants on Valentine’s Day, why don’t you and your Valentine check out the Lightning vs. Sharks game on Sunday. This will definitely be a more fun and laid-back type of atmosphere!

2. Disney World

Who wouldn’t want to spend a day in Disney with their Valentine!?

3. Weekend trip to Key West

With Key West being only a few hours south of Tampa, it’s a fun, relaxing, and happy atmosphere that will be a weekend to remember.

4. Whetstone Chocolate Factory- St. Augustine, FL
Instead of just buying chocolate for the occasion, why don’t you actually tour a chocolate factory?!

5. Mini golf

Laid back, and easy!

6. Dinner on the beach

Dinner, the beach, and a sunset? What’s more romantic?!

7. Weekend Ski Trip

If you and your Valentine are feeling spontaneous and find cheap airfare, etc. then maybe you could take a step away from the Sunshine State for a short weekend and do a ski trip!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Hi! My name is Courtney Hart and I am a sophomore at the University of Tampa. My major is Communications with a minor in Journalism. My ultimate dream goal is to be one of the hosts on the Today Show. I love working out, spending time with family and friends, and just having a good time! I enjoy writing and I am definitely looking forward to writing for HerCampus.