7 Caffeine Free Energy Boosts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Get out of that 2 p.m. sluggish rut with these 7 tricks to boost your energy, without the Venti sized Starbuckss or Red Bull!

1. An Apple a day keeps the grogginess away…

An apple will help fuel your body for the day, with its carbs and fiber it will keep you full and energized for longer than coffee would!

2. Sing out loud!

Sing along with the radio on your way to campus to help energize yourself and get in a positive mood.  Can’t go on after that super hard calculus test you just took? Singing out loud releases tension almost as much as cardio exercise!  Give yourself a little time to distress with your favorite song between classes

3. Sit up straight and stretch

Stretching helps relieve the physical stress in your muscles. Breathing deeply and loosening up releases the toxins from your body and brings more oxygen to your brain.  After a good stretch before sitting in class for an hour ,your brain will be revitalized ad ready to learn. 

4. Chew some gum

Chewing gum for about 15 minutes has been proven to make you more alert. Pop a piece after lunch to freshen your breath and keep you going through your afternoon classes.

5. Get in a good laugh

Chat it up with some funny friends or Google jokes between your classes to lighten your mood and energize yourself with a laugh!

6. Stay hydrated

Water is essential for your body to function properly and at its fullest potential, so if you’re dehydrated bet on being groggy and feeling like crawling back into bed.  Water will keep your head clear of headaches and help with digestion so that your focus can be on school!

7. Catch some rays

This is very easy to do here in the Sunshine State! Take a step outside and let your body soak up the vitamin D for about 15 minutes.

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Amalie Laigaard is a Junior at the University of Tampa, majoring in Public Health and Wellness.  She was born in Denmark, raised in New Jersey, and now lives in SW Florida.  Her passion is split between helping others and writing about anything and everything in her life.  During her free time she soaks up the Florida sun while reading by the pool, or she will be found in the kitchen making some chocolatey concoction!