This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

First, and foremost, I hope you all stay safe, healthy, and appreciate the little things in life right now. While we aren’t able to be with everyone like normal, a great way to stay connected is a book club.

In no particular order, here’s my top book recs for y’all!

Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life Beyond Your Wildest Dreams by Gabrielle Bernstein

Whether you’re a pro at practicing manifestation or not even completely sold on the idea of it, this book will change your life. Gabrielle goes into depth on how to be a ‘super attractor’ and connect to your highest good with the universe. What better way to spend this down time than connecting your life to align to your biggest dreams.

Dear Martin by Nic Stone

This book is raw, real, and relevant. A glimpse into the life of Justyce sheds a light on privilages, racial profiling, dealing with racist peers, affirmative action and more. Its length is easy to read and most likely to finish in one sitting. Nic Stone captivates exactly what’s going on in America right now and how we, together, need more attention, compassion and conversations about it.

Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim S. Grover

If you need a book in the motivation and self-help category of literature, this is it. This book is blunt, no bullshit, and inspiring. Being the trainer to NBA legends such as Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and Dwayne Wade, he knows exactly what it takes to maintain mental strength and produce greatness. His analogy of ‘cooler, closer, cleaner’ will be instilled in your brain and I hope this read helps you become a cleaner in your everyday life. 

Next Level Basic: the Definitive Basic Bitch Handbook by Stassi Schroeder

Calling all wine, ranch, serial killer, fashion, musical, astrology and reality tv lovers! These are all things that make up the entertaining author Stassi Schroeder. Full of quirky, extra, and authentic stories this book is both good entertainment and advice for how to stay true to yourself and love everything you are. 

Becoming by Michelle Obama

First, let me start by admitting I cheated and bought this book on audible rather than hard copy. Second, I’m advising you to do the same. Michelle reads the story herself and you can feel the warmth in her voice as she reads. It is as if you and her are at a coffee shop reminiscing together. It is inevitable to deny that her name lets people create expectations and assumptions about her, but the story she shares in becoming creates an admiration and respect far greater than any of that. My favorite quote from the book: “Even when it’s not pretty or perfect. Even when it’s more real than you want it to be. Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.” 

We’re Going to Need More Wine: Stories That Are Funny, Complicated and True by Gabrielle Union

When I hear the name Gabrielle Union the first 3 things I think of are Bring It On, Dwayne Wade, and #MeToo, all of which are addressed. This book is made up of both personal and professional stories involving school, love, divorce, race, hair, parenting, fertility, hollywood, childhood, rape, money, and more. Gabrielle keeps it real, along with real funny, so grab some wine (21+ please) and enjoy.

Mindhunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit by John E. Douglas

This book personally is not the easiest read in my opinion. Beware it’s details are unpleasant and unfiltered. TBH, I don’t know what it is about criminal psychology that makes it so intriguing to keep reading, but I did. A few words of advice when reading this: have your laptop next to you because you’ll definitely be googling things and don’t read it right before bed if you want a peaceful sleep. (Bonus of this book is that it’s also a Netflix Series!)

Kate is a Junior at the University of Tampa. Studying Sports Management, she is a big advocate for women in sports. A Minnesota-native turned Floridian, she enjoys spending her time traveling, trying new foods, and changing her outfit for everything and anything. To keep up with her beach trips, sporting events, and food favs follow her on Instagram @simplicikate
Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely