Career > Work

5 Ways to Make Your Day Feel More Productive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Online everyday I see this persona of how to be “That Girl”. “That Girl” is this almost unattainable version of the perfect girl. The point of “That Girl” is to be super productive, and basically ‘girlboss’ your way in every situation in life. It’s so hard to become this girl because of the standards and expectations behind it. It can become overwhelming trying to be the perfect girl. But there are small things you can do that make you feel productive and like you accomplished a lot in your day.

1. Create a To-Do List
    1. Making a list of things you want to do with your day will boost your sense of accomplishment. This will also help centralize what exactly you need to get done and not have you worrying about what you need to do. 
  2. Create a Routine
    1. Creating a routine makes your day smoother and easier. Having a routine gives you more energy and motivation to get things done. A routine will help you from getting distracted and keep you focused.
  3. Set a Goal For the Day
    1. Creating one big for the day will show you exactly what you need to accomplish. When you complete this goal it will give you more confidence and motivation to carry on with smaller goals throughout the day.
  4. Exercise
    1. Exercise has been proven to give you more energy, which translates to how much work you can accomplish in a day. Exercising also makes you happier and have a more positive outlook on life.
  5. Wake Up Earlier

It has been proven that people who wake up earlier tend to be more productive and driven. They tend to accomplish more things in the morning than the average person. Mornings can also be dedicated to “me” time. This gives you time to relax and think about the rest of the day. This will give you more energy and motivation to stay focused and hard at work.

I am a freshman at the University of Tampa. I am a finance major at the Sykes College of Business. I am originally from Illinois. I enjoy reading, going to the beach, and hanging out with friends.