5 Ways to Get Back Into the Swing of School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Coming back to school after a five week vacation is bitter sweet. Seeing your friends that you missed and your favorite hangout spots you were dying to go to all break is a nice feeling, but the whole school part makes your excitement disapeer. Since getting back into school mode is hard for everyone, use these five tips to ensure that your transition is smooth sailing! 

1. Redo your room

If you plan on redecorating, moving around, or totally redoing your room when you get back to campus, do it right away. Don’t wait around, because once classes pick up, it’ll never get done.

2. Review your schedule

Look at when and where your classes are and even take a walk to the buildings, if possible. There’s no reason to leave it to the last minute and have to run hunger games style to your 8 am class.

3. Consider joining a club

The best time to join a new club or activity is at the very beginning of the semester. If you get more involved around campus, you’re going to have an easier transition back.

4. Buy your books early

I know we always wait until the teacher tells us what books to buy, but if you plan on ordering them online, do it before classes start. There’s nothing worse than kids holding the class back because they’re waiting for the required texts to come in the mail.

5. Grab lunch with your friends

Sure everyone is busy moving in and getting ready for classes, but take an hour or two out of the craziness to reconnect with your school friends.

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.