5 reasons why quality time with your girls is better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Lately, I’ve been spending lot of time on Skype with my girlfriends because they’ve been going through breakups. Coming from a single person, I just enjoy my life without any endless drama. I don’t know about you, but I would choose quality time with my girls over boyfriend drama anyday. One Tree Hill had it right: “Hoes over bros.” Always. So without further ado, here are 5 reasons why quality time with your girls is better.

1) My favorite thing in the world: Baking. A girls night is the perfect time to spoil yourself. You can eat all night long, jump into your pjs, and you don’t have to give a damn about how you look. You can gossip all night about anything and everything, and even if your girls make fun of you, you would never feel insulted. Girls nights always end up to be unforgettable, hilarious, drama-less, perfect nights. I guarantee it.

2) Okay, who isn’t a fan of One Tree Hill? It was probably one of the best shows ever created. Brooke and Peyton showed us the true meaning of friendship, and the eye candy wasn’t bad either (; Yes,  they had a lot of drama going on, but it’s still better than boyfriend drama. They showed us that girlfriends can get through anything, and that no guy should get in between them. “Hoes over Bros.” You get to cheer together, go on road trips, tan together, have hot-guy talks, shop together, talk fashion, and support each other no matter what. Quality time with your girlfriend is always needed, and always available. Just hit play.

Source.

3) Sex in the City brought new thought to the table. Everyone was so overwhelmed with finding their soulmate and living happily forever after. Coming from a single person, I’m not in a hurry to find those because now a days all guy wants is to screw you over. I want a real man to love me for who I am. Until that man comes along, I’m enjoying my time with my sisters. And in the words of Carrie, maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates.

Source.

4) Your girls can always be your shopping partner. You can spend endless hours in the mall just spoiling yourself, fooling around, trying on clothes, eating whatever you want, hitting on good looking men working at the mall… etc. Have you ever taken your boyfriend to the mall and were able to do all these stuff. Uh, no. If he agrees to come in the first place, he’ll spend most of the time complaining or finding a way to have to pick your purchases and leave in less than an hour.

Source.

5) Finally, we’re young. Every single lady out there is beautiful, and we shouldn’t depend on a guy in order to make us happy. You should get out there, explore the world with your girlfriends, have fun, fool around, no drama, no attachments, no commitment. That’s what adults do. We’re college students. We should get out there and find our place in the world, everything else will fall into place later on. Coming from a single young girl, who spends a lot of time with her girls, it’s worth it. It’s worth the wait till that right guy comes along. So have fun ladies (: