Career > Her20s

5 Ideas for an Amazing Galentine’s Day With Your Favorite Gals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Did you know that Galentine’s Day is coming up on February 13th? If you’ve never heard of it, this holiday is perfect for celebrating your female friendships and girlhood. I’m a huge fan of Parks and Recreation, where the holiday originated, so Galentine’s Day is very important to me. In the sitcom, Leslie Knoppe spent time with and gifted her friendships to show her appreciation the day before Valentine’s Day. I admire Leslie’s tradition because significant others come and go, but your closest friends will always be there for you. This holiday is essential to honor the day before Valentine’s Day because friendships are extremely valuable. It’s super important not to forget your friends if you’re in a relationship. And if you’re not in a relationship, Galentine’s Day with your friends makes you appreciate their presence and feel more grateful around Valentine’s Day! Here are some ideas to plan for this upcoming Galentine’s Day!

Brunch Party

On Galentine’s Day, you can go out to your favorite restaurant for brunch! If you’re looking to do it more affordably, one person can host, and everyone can bring one brunch dish. This way, there’s an array of food to choose from, and everyone can eat something they enjoy. Either way, this is the perfect opportunity to dress up in nice brunch outfits and hand out gifts if you’d like. If you’re hosting, you can go all out decorating!

Movie night

February is the perfect time for romance and rom-com movies. Everyone can vote from a list of movie choices and you pick two or three. Then, everyone brings their favorite movie snack or treat to share! This is the perfect way to get in the spirit of the holiday.

D.I.Y. spa day

For a D.I.Y. spa day, you can purchase a bunch of face masks, make your own, and even get different samples of lotions. Everyone can treat themselves to a spa and listen to relaxing music. If you want to go the extra mile, you could go to an actual spa. It’s good to treat yourself once in a while, and it will be the perfect opportunity to make memories with your friends!

Game Night

This is probably the most affordable option. With this, everyone can bring their favorite board game. It could be a new favorite or a nostalgic one from everyone’s childhood! Then, you take turns playing each one and decorate for Galentine’s Day! You could even make certain game competitions with leaderboards and prizes. There are also Valentine’s printable activities online!

Go out!

If you’re looking to do something out in town, there are so many options! Bowling is super fun, and going out to dinner is always an option! You could even do an activity like Top Golf or go to your favorite place to do a group hot girl walk!

Whichever activity you choose to do, as long as you are with your closest girlfriends, you’ll have a great time! Remember to appreciate your time with friends, take really cute pictures, and dress up! Happy Galentine’s Day, ladies!

Mya Cocchiola is a senior at The University of Tampa and is part of the editing team for Her Campus at Tampa chapter. Her articles are mainly about experiences, wellness, academics, and relationships. This school year, Mya is interning as a Marketing Assistant at Foodie Card, a subscription-based program that provides discounts while eating out and donates meals. She also works at Jeni’s Ice Cream! She is an Advertising and Public Relations major with a concentration in PR and is considering pursuing a marketing career or even law school. At home in New York, Mya has 2 Labradors and loves spending time with her sisters, parents, and friends. In Tampa, she loves to go to the beach, get coffee, and work out with her friends. She also just finished watching the Breaking Bad trilogy!