15 Thoughts Seniors Have While Looking for a Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

1. Graduation is 4 months away; let me get a head start on these job applications.

2. This should be easy. I’ll just apply to 50 jobs, and at least one of them will hire me.

3. Look at all these job openings on Indeed.com. How do people complain about not finding jobs?

4. Okay this job looks cool. I think I can do that.

5. Oh wait, I need to have at least 10 years of experience. Moving on…

6. Here goes an entry-level position. I don’t really know what half of this stuff in the job description means, but I’m sure I can figure it out.

7. What is the point of uploading my resume, if I still have to type in all of my work experience?

8. WTF, so you’re telling me I have to write a different cover letter for every job I apply to?

9. Well, let me get started on this cover letter…

10. I applied to 10 jobs this week, someone will call me!

11. OMG, why isn’t anybody calling me? I’m never going to find a job. I’ll have to move back home and be broke!

12. Yayy! I got my first phone interview.

13. But wait, they said they need someone to begin immediately and I can’t start until May.

14. Okay, they said they’ll put my application on hold and call me back at the end of April. I hope they call.

15. Wait a minute, graduation is one month away. I still don’t have any job offers *proceeds to have anxiety attack*

Photo Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Julia Egbe-Monthe is a Senior at University of Tampa majoring in Marketing and minoring in Criminology. Her love for fashion, pop culture, and all things UT is what inspired her to join Her Campus. She currently serves as an Editor for her HC chapter. Follow her on IG: @yeahju