13 Books Every Girl Should Read

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Asking me to talk about books without running on for hours is difficult to do, but I hope you can enjoy these 13 fantastic books just as much as I did!

1. The Probability of Miracles– Wendy Wunder

It’s the perfect mix of My Sister’s Keeper and Alice in Wonderland. Could a magical town really cure cancer? Cam’s journey will truly inspire you and give you hope for anything bad you’re going through.

2. The Storyteller– Jodi Picoult

This book not only has a wild love story, but also is well endowed in history. It changes between present times and the Holocaust with suspicion around every corner. Even if you’re not a history person, you won’t want to put this book down!

3. The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy– Jenny Han

If you’re a summer girl you’ll automatically love this trilogy. From spending every summer at a beach house to falling in love with the boy you’ve known forever, Belly’s life is nothing but envious!

4. My Life Next Door– Huntley Fitzpatrick

Modern day Romeo and Juliet at its finest. This book will have you rooting for the underdog the entire time! Be careful not to believe you’re actually living the book like I did!

5. Paper Towns– John Green

Follow a boy as he chases after the love of his life that ran away from home after a night of revenge. You’ll be laughing and crying by the end, and trust me the story will stay with you forever. Paper Towns is also becoming a movie next year, so read up!

6. A Visit From the Goon Squad– Jennifer Egan

Everyone loves a good story made entirely of smaller intertwining stories. We’ve all seen New Years Eve and What to Expect When You’re Expecting, right? In Egan’s story we follow a group of former friends who grew up into separate lifestyles, which somehow all come back together in the end.

7. Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy– E L James

We all know you’ve wanted to read this series, but have always been too afraid to. Not only will your sexual frustrations go through the roof, but Fifty Shades is actually a go0d story line. I mean who doesn’t want to read about a troubled rich man?

8. The Best of Me– Nicholas Sparks

Yes, this book-to-movie is about to come out in theaters, and yes, I may be a little biased towards it because it’s my favorite novel of Nicholas Sparks. There’s nothing more I could say than to read this book. The suspension will kill you!

9. Effortless With You– Lizzy Charles

Sort of like a reverse mean girls; this bad girl goes good after a summer of work from her parents. Of course she meets a cute boy, but what young adult book doesn’t have that. This book is just adorable and too fantastic not to read lying by the pool.

10. Burn for Burn Trilogy– Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

The sweet, sweet taste of revenge… If you’ve ever felt that someone deserved bad things because of the way they treated you, you should read this book. There’s nothing better than some karma.

11. Dreamland– Sarah Dessen

This book is all about the line between healthy and unhealthy relationships. Dessen shows that you’re never really as stuck or alone as you think you are. If you’re going through a tough time in a relationship or not, it’s a good book to get you through it.

12. The Longest Ride– Nicholas Sparks

Another book that flips between past and present times. Nicholas Sparks really killed it with this book; his newest novel. If you’re not a country girl, you’ll want to be after this read.

13. Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn’t Have)– Sarah Mlynowski

This is the perfect ode to teenage rebellion. Maybe I loved this book so much because I could live vicariously through the main characters craziness, but I found myself reading this over and over again.

Happy reading!

Photo Sources: 1, 2

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.