Your food survival guide: The 2 a.m. Kimmel edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Typical situation: It’s 2 a.m., a Friday night, and you’re absolutely starving. You know you probably shouldn’t be eating, but at the moment that doesn’t seem to matter. But instead of sprinting into Kimmel and dropping 18 SUpercard dollars (that’s not real money, right?) on food you won’t remember eating the next morning, use these tips when ordering your late night noshes.

Taco Bell:
Sporting the longest line in Kimmel at 2 a.m. is Taco Bell. Although many students claim it’s the best tasting option, it unfortunately has selections that aren’t exactly the healthiest. In order to make the smartest choices there avoid foods such as grilled stuffed burritos or anything prepared with multiple “layers.” Instead, order bean burritos, or anything on the Fresco menu.

Sabarro’s:
Another popular food among students is pizza. Instead of thick crust, meat-loaded slices, stick to vegetable slices and opt for whole wheat if it’s available.

Burger King:
If you decide to go to Burger King there’s only two burgers you should even consider: the regular hamburger or the Whopper Jr. without mayo. Other respectable options include the Chicken Tenders, the 9-piece Chicken Fries.

Chips:
Many students also go into Kimmel and just grab chips. Although this may seem obvious, instead of reaching for an innocent bag of plain potato chips, choose the baked variety to save on fat and calories.

References:
http://eatthis.menshealth.com

Elora likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...but only warm rain, and especially rain that's packaged in summer thunderstorms! The sophomore magazine journalism and English major is an assistant feature copy editor for SU's independent student newspaper, the Daily Orange, and is a contributing writer for GALA Magazine. She is also a brother in the community service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega. Elora has country music on her iTunes for every possible mood and she will never turn down a Dave Matthews Band concert, a trip to Panera Bread or a pickup soccer game. Although she's not sure exactly what she wants to do after graduation, she hopes to use writing to make a difference in someone's world.