Why You Shouldn’t Give Up Your Dresses In The Winter:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

With the temperature steadily dropping, I’ve continued to switch out my tank tops for sweaters and shorts for leggings. One thing I keep in my closet throughout the year are my dresses. There are so many different ways to style dresses throughout every season. 

Layering

One of the best ways to keep wearing dresses in the winter is layering. I love taking one of my light summer dresses and pairing it with some tights, boots and a big cardigan or nice jacket. You can also put a sweater over your dress to make it look like a skirt and add some layers. 

Heavier Dresses

Another way to keep wearing dresses in the winter is to invest in a couple long sleeve ones that are made of heavier material. These are great because they keep you warm and look cute! I love the darker floral patterns in the winter, like this dress. It looks great with boots which makes it really functional for the winter season. 

Skirts

If you want the style of a dress but the warmth of a sweater, skirts are a great way to do both. There are so many fall skirts that you can buy right now and they are so easy to pair with a heavier top. Again, add some tights and some boots or booties and you’re good to go! 

So, despite the cold, we guarentee you’ll look smoking hot when you’re trying out any of these three looks. Happy stylin’! 

Lauren Dana

Syracuse '18

Lauren Dana is a juinor Magazine Journalism major at Syracuse University and the Editor-in-Chief of HC 'Cuse! She is a TV-addict, pop culture fanatic and manicure enthusiast who enjoys spending time with family, friends, shopping, writing, and buying wayyyy too much makeup