University Union screens movies — for free!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

SU’s University Union is best known for it’s big-name concerts like Juice Jam and Block Party, but the organization works to schedule more frequent events to keep students entertained all year long. UU screens popular and new-release movies just every weekend and even pre-screens films like Pitch Perfect once a year to give students a sneak peek of upcoming releases. If you’re like me and don’t have a car on campus, you know how much of a pain it is to coordinate a ride to Destiny USA to see a movie. UU shows films on main campus at HBC and on south campus at Goldstein, so transportation is never an issue. These events are a great option for those who need a night off from partying or for students who would rather just stay in. Best of all, every film screening is absolutely free. Check out their website and follow @UUInsider on Twitter to learn about this weekend’s movie selection and other upcoming events.

Stephanie is a senior at Syracuse University studying magazine journalism and psychology. She has been writing for Hercampus.com/Syracuse since her freshman year and has had two different beats: opinionated articles and study abroad tales. Stephanie is also involved with her sorority Gamma Phi Beta and writes for various mediums including The Daily Orange, 'Cuse Clothing Line and Medley Magazine.