Sweatpant Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Finals are a week away. It’s chilly. It’s gray. You’re tired. Of course we’re all going to throw on sweatpants and roll out the door — we considered it a personal victory that we bothered to change out of pajamas.

When I was a freshman sweatpants in my opinion were for early Friday classes, but now as a junior I always wear them for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it’s easier to just throw on sweats for my two classes of the day and then go home and change, but other times I rock my sweats all day long. But contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort. Here’s how to impress in your dress-downs:

The first step is to buy yoga or velvet pants as your sweats. If you’re feeling Syracuse pride, you can even buy orange pants with an elastic on the bottom. Yoga pants are perfect for the last week of classes and studying in Bird for finals. They are comfortable, but yet not a sloppy look to pull off. Pair them up with an oversized shirt and Uggs or Converse.

Velvet pants are also a great option for a comfortable look. On top, a tight long- sleeved shirt would look best with Uggs. And if you’re wearing Syracuse pride gear whether its pants, sweater, cap or T-shirt you’re golden (with an orange glow, of course). It’s always good to represent! And remember — when all else fails, a fur vest look goods with anything!

Elora likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...but only warm rain, and especially rain that's packaged in summer thunderstorms! The sophomore magazine journalism and English major is an assistant feature copy editor for SU's independent student newspaper, the Daily Orange, and is a contributing writer for GALA Magazine. She is also a brother in the community service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega. Elora has country music on her iTunes for every possible mood and she will never turn down a Dave Matthews Band concert, a trip to Panera Bread or a pickup soccer game. Although she's not sure exactly what she wants to do after graduation, she hopes to use writing to make a difference in someone's world.