Campus Cutie Amelia Elliot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Why did you decide to come to Syracuse?

I always heard Syracuse was an amazing school, and i kind of always wanted to go here. Throughout my life, I have met so many different people who went to school here, and it almost seemed like my whole life, I was supposed to go here. Little hints kept coming up. So when I visited, I fell in love. It felt perfect right away, and I knew I wanted to spend my four years of college here. The atomosphere felt so great and everyone looked so happy to be at school. It was the perfect balance between campus and city. I loved how if I wanted sushi or Chipotle I could just walk right down the street! I applied early decision and anxiously waited for my acceptance. November and December couldn’t go by any slower, and it was the best feeling when I got in. I couldn’t wait to start school.

What is your favorite memory on campus so far?

I have had so many great memories on campus, so it’s hard for me to pick just one. I think one of my best memories has to be from a tailgate. They were all so fun, but there’s something about everyone singing, dancing, and cheering together that makes me feel like the school is one. Everyone just wants to have a good time and you geniuenly feel like Syracuse is just one big community, even though it is a school of thousands of people. Everyone wants to dance, everyone wants to be in the moment, and you don’t worry about anything else. You feel so welcomed, and you feel like you are surrounded by your whole family. We all have one thing in common: and that’s just wanting to have fun.

Aside from having dinner at Hillel and chilling at People’s Place, what do you do for fun with your friends?

I like to hang out with my friends and do whatever. I like going to dinner on Marshall or Armory Square, if I want to switch it up. Sometimes we even just hang out in each other’s dorms. I’m a pretty chill person, so I’m down for whatever most of the time. I am a bear! When I say Syracuse, to me, the first syllable rhymes with bear. I don’t even know what that means about me. I guess it means I’m a warm person.

What are you studying, and where do you see yourself in five years?

I’m a Communications and Rhetorical Studies major in VPA. In five years, I see myself living in New York City with a job that I adore, and I hope living the life I always dreamed of! Which includes a job I wouldn’t trade for the world, in a city I love that will be home forever and a balanced life.

Are you single and ready to mingle or are you taken?

I am still in touch with my high school boyfriend, but we are not exclusive. That’s all I’m gonna say!

Do you have a Syracuse bucket List? If so, what is on it?

My Syracuse bucket list includes doing as much as I can at Syracuse before I graduate. I don’t want to have any regrets looking back at my time at school. I want to get involved in as many things as I can. I want to go to at least one of all the different types of sporting events and games. I don’t want to feel like I’ve missed out on anything. I also want to make sure I take advantage of my surroundings by giving back to my community. Since I’m only a freshman, I needed some time to just adjust and get the swing of everything.

What is your life motto?

My life motto is to live in the moment! Enjoy where you are every single second; don’t wish you were anywhere else. Every moment is exactly where you are supposed to be. Just take it day by day.

Paulina María Colón-González is a student at Syracuse University studying social work, child and family studies and policy studies. She loves romantic walks down the beach(even though she's never had one), basically lives on guac, and is readier for Hillary than Bill is #HillYes #ImWithHer. 
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO