This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Spring is basically here and so is the best festival in the country – a.k.a. the only one college students can afford to go – Mayfest! Every year, SU students gather in one spot to hear the hottest musical guests, and this year, despite the rumors, it will be no different. When it comes to events, a collegiette’s biggest struggle is always what to wear. Below are a few ideas to inspire your choice of attire.

Modern Hippie

If you like the idea of wearing pajama pants all day, you will love this outfit! The crop top is paired with loose-fitted pants to highlight your figure without compromising comfort. A small, over-the-shoulder purse is super trendy and great for storing all of your festival essentials.

Indie Fringe

High-waisted shorts, lace, fringe and booties; this outfit definitely has all the festival trends down. If you like taking fashion risks by experimenting with textures and patterns, this is perfect for you!

Girly Girl on Trend

This one is for the girly girl who still wants to incorporate some edge. The lace crop top looks super cute, especially when paired with a floral kimono, which is perfect for when the evening progresses and it gets a little chilly. To roughen it up, add a coin statement necklace and some combat boots, and you are ready to go!

Easy, Breezy, Comfortable

If thinking of standing up for several hours makes you cringe, we got you covered! These cute faux-leather sneakers are the perfect compliment for the floral romper. To make it more interesting, add some cool accessories like the ones shown above.

Flower Child

I know some people think flower crowns are so last festival season, but I disagree! This outfit is effortlessly chic. If you enjoy looking like a flower goddess and wearing simple jewelry, this is the one! Plus, who doesn’t love flash tattoos?

Gypsy on Edge

Want to look like the modern day gypsy, but don’t want to feel naked? Pair this maxi dress with an excessive amount of chains and coins, a hobo bag, and a floppy hat! Feeling brave? Rock those tall gladiator sandals. If not, there are always ankle-length options. You’ll be a  stand-out. Not only will you look gorge, but the jingle of those coins will make the other music lovers be all ears – and eyes!

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO