Campus Cutie: Peggy Pappas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Name: Peggy Pappas

Class Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications and Rhetorical Studies

Minor: Hopefully exercise science

Relationship Status: In a relationship

What organizations are you involved in on campus?

·      Syracuse University Dance Team

·      Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorrority

What is your favorite thing about being on the Syracuse University Dance Team?

My favorite thing about being on the Syracuse University Dance team is being able to perform in front of thousands of people at our Syracuse’s football and basketball games. It’s an amazing experience and is so much fun.

What is a typical game day like for you?

A typical game day for me is a pretty full day. I get ready for the game a couple hours before it actually starts. I meet the rest of my team at the dome with hair and make up fully done, and then we all warm up in the locker room before we go out on the field or court! The games are always so exciting, especially when you get to be right there watching. There is never a dull moment during a Syracuse Football/Basketball game!

What is ESPN Game Day like?

Game day is something that is so incredible to be apart of. This is my first one, and I could not be more thrilled to be sharing it with not only my team, but with the whole university. It’s going to be a blast!

How did you decide to run for Miss Connecticut 2014? Have you done pageants before?

My mom was actually the one who entered me in the Miss Connecticut USA pageant. She took it upon herself to send in my application and a month later I got a call from the organization asking me to be a contestant! This is my very first pageant, so it’s something different, but I am really excited.

What are pageants like? Is it anything like Miss Congeniality/ Toddlers in Tiaras?

I really don’t know much about pageants, but I can only imagine how glamorous they are! I have been watching YouTube videos constantly ever since I found out I will be participating in one, and it seems extremely fun.

What is the best thing that has happened to you at Syracuse University thus far?

The best thing that has happened to me at Syracuse University thus has been being apart of both the dance team and my sorority. They have given me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people who I now can call my really close friends.

What do you want to do after you graduate from Syracuse?

After I graduate, I would like to keep up with my dancing career for a little longer. I also want to become a personal trainer/ professional fitness athlete.

I am a junior at Syracuse University majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Retail Management and a student in the Fashion and Beauty Communications Milestone program. I am a three -year veteran Syracuse University cheerleader, and involved in organizations on and off-campus including First Year Players (a theater organization for non-theater majors), Hill Communications PR Firm, PRSSA, Victoria's Secret PINK Street Team, Newhouse Ambassadors, the National Collegiate Scholar Society (NCSS) and now Her Campus!