This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Having skin problems, but don’t have the time or money to buy a fancy skincare system? Embrace the creative college kid in you and make your own skincare products! These simple DIY treatments use ingredients you can grab from a dining hall or the market in Schine for super cheap. Read up, and don’t let your skin suffer this season — bring the spa to your dorm room!

1. Berry Skin Scrub

Make it with:
•3 medium-size strawberries
•1 tablespoon honey

The natural fruit enzymes in strawberries clear the dull top layer of skin, while honey hydrates the dry parts. Together, the combo produces a mild antiseptic that can help stop breakouts before they even happen, and best of all, the scrub is gentle enough for all skin types!

Cut the strawberries into pieces, and mash until soft. Pour in the honey and gently mix until it’s evenly distributed. Massage the mixture into your face for 3 minutes and rinse with warm water, and you’re all clear for an energetic new complexion!

2. Brown Sugar Scrub

Make it with:
•1/2 cup brown sugar
•1/2 cup olive oil

One of my personal favorites is a brown sugar scrub. The sugar exfoliates, while the olive oil keeps your face smooth and hydrated. Once you take it off, you’ll feel super-soft and totally refreshed!

Mix them both together, and exfoliate– that’s it! Don’t be too rough though. If you go too hard you’ll get rid of the natural oils in your skin, which will dry you out even more.

3. Oatmeal Yogurt Mask

Make it with:
•1 tablespoon oatmeal
•1 tablespoon plain yogurt
•a few drops of honey

Yogurt is so much more than an easy snack — it contains lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate and smooth out the skin. It’s a natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, which helps to fight blemishes. Mixed with oatmeal, it helps to tighten pores and lock in the skin’s natural hydration.

Mix the oatmeal and the yogurt together in a small bowl, add a few drops of warm honey (hint: warm the spoon under hot water, then add honey to the spoon), and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with splashes of warm water.

4. Teabag Eye De-Puffer

Make it with:
•2 chamomile tea bags

This super-simple remedy feels great, even if your eyes aren’t puffy. The caffeine in tea works to soothe and reduce eye puffiness by pulling out and diminishing the water in the thin and sensitive area. Tea also contains antioxidants which brighten the area up and make your eyes pop!

Steep the tea bags in a half cup of hot water, then place the tea bags in the freezer for 10-20 minutes. Apply the tea bags to the eye area, lie down, and watch the swelling go down!

Elora likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...but only warm rain, and especially rain that's packaged in summer thunderstorms! The sophomore magazine journalism and English major is an assistant feature copy editor for SU's independent student newspaper, the Daily Orange, and is a contributing writer for GALA Magazine. She is also a brother in the community service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega. Elora has country music on her iTunes for every possible mood and she will never turn down a Dave Matthews Band concert, a trip to Panera Bread or a pickup soccer game. Although she's not sure exactly what she wants to do after graduation, she hopes to use writing to make a difference in someone's world.