10 Things 20-year-olds REALLY want for the holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

1. A job

College is preparation for a career. All we want in life is to follow the right career path and be successful. We want to find happiness in our work and gain experience to add to our résumé to make us more marketable. We want to make a difference in the world and in the lives of others, but in order to do this; it all starts with a job. We need a job in order to start and figure out the rest of our lives.

1. A relationship

Every holiday movie revolves around some aspect of love or a relationship. It is hard not to feel lonely when it is a season of giving, joy and love. In the cold, all we want is a snuggle buddy, someone to hold us during the coldest of blizzards and to say, “I love you” on Christmas morning. No one wants to be alone during the most wonderful time of year.

1. Friends who will ALWAYS be there for you

Friends like these are hard to come by, but on those very special occasions you can find those who can temporarily replace the need for a boyfriend/lover. These friends know how to make your cloudiest days bright and know how you feel with just one look. True friends climb into your bed at 3 a.m. because they know that’s what you need, even if it is not always what you want. True friends have a glass of wine (or a whole bottle) waiting for you after a tough day. Similarly, true friends celebrate all your accomplishments and milestones as if they were their own.  During the holidays, although these friends aren’t gift wrapped with a bow, you realize that they shine brighter than Rudolph’s red nose.

1. A cell phone that never dies

Wouldn’t it be great if you always had a full charged phone battery? You could tweet all day, Instagram all night and could take an endless supply of selfies, because your phone would never die when you forgot to bring along a charger!

1. A search engine that can answer all of life’s problems

“Will I be successful?”

“Will I cure cancer?”

“When will I get married?”

“Did I make the right decision allowing him back into my life?”

“Where will I be in 10 years?”

These are the real questions we wish Google and Ask.com could answer.

1. A walk-in closet with clothes straight off the runway

Imagine life not on a budget, where you could afford Christian Louboutin pumps, Chanel sweaters and the latest Dior collection straight off the runway. What a life that would be, strolling into your chemistry lab in Gareth Pugh’s Spring 2014 Collection in accents of turquoise and silver!

1. Perfect Skin

You get stressed, sweaty, exhausted, forget to wash your face after a night out and just put health and wellness on the back burner more times than you would like to admit. Perfect skin would allow you to buy fewer cosmetics, and save you at least 20 minutes in the morning during your daily routine.

1. A faster metabolism

Dominos. Wings Over. Jimmy John’s. Pita Pit. Number One Kitchen. Roly Poly. Chipotle. Enough Said.

1. A bottle of wine that replenishes itself after consumption

Self- explanatory.

1. A chocolate flavored gummy bear that gets you to that perfect level of “drunk” without having to choke down 5 shots of vodka, drink 3 beers and consume 2 cups of jungle juice

We all have those nights. No need to lie. You would appreciate this gummy bear more than you are willing to admit.

Happy Holidays. I hope you get everything you want and deserve this holiday season!

I am a junior at Syracuse University majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Retail Management and a student in the Fashion and Beauty Communications Milestone program. I am a three -year veteran Syracuse University cheerleader, and involved in organizations on and off-campus including First Year Players (a theater organization for non-theater majors), Hill Communications PR Firm, PRSSA, Victoria's Secret PINK Street Team, Newhouse Ambassadors, the National Collegiate Scholar Society (NCSS) and now Her Campus!