This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Recently, many have found themselves stuck on Miraculous Tik Tok, otherwise known as the trending show, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. Although the animated television series is aimed towards younger audiences, both teenagers and young adults have taken an interest in the epic romance between Ladybug and Cat Noir. 

The series follows Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a high schooler living in Paris, France. She seems like a normal girl with a normal life. However, she has a secret. Marinette is actually one of Paris’s famous superheroes, supported by her partner, Cat Noir. The two fight against Hawk Moth, the main supervillain and antagonist of the story. Many might argue that the most intriguing part of the series is that Marinette has a crush on a boy that she goes to school with, the popular model, Adrien Agreste. Unbeknownst to Marinette, Adrien lives a double life as Cat Noir, and he is in love with Ladybug, unaware that Marinette is Ladybug. 

This unique love square has audiences on the edges of their seats, awaiting the day when Ladybug and Cat Noir’s true identities are revealed to one another. However, it is much more complicated than that due to additional love interests and the fact that Ladybug and Cat Noir must keep their identities a secret in order to protect Paris. 

One can’t deny that the plot is intriguing and interesting to follow, especially with the recent release of new trailers and information on upcoming seasons and specials. The fourth season of the show is on its way as well as “United Heroes” special following Cat Noir and Ladybug’s journey to Shanghai. In addition, a full-length movie is in the works. Fans are craving more, and the show is only growing in popularity. 

Whether it’s younger audiences, teenagers, or young adults, many consider Miraculous to be a comfort show. The series is wholesome and fun to watch with both heartwarming and comedic moments. However, some parents have noted that the show is not always entirely innocent. Some dialogue can be interpreted in different ways based on the viewer. After all, the heart of the story follows a romance. This tends to support the show’s diverse audience. Interestingly, the show was originally going released as an anime-styled series aimed towards older audiences. Even after episodes and trailers had been created in that style, decisions were made that led to major changes. The series would later be aired on children’s channels, such as Disney Channel, for kids to enjoy in the new style that is used today.

No matter what type of audience the series is aimed towards, the show is respectable in that it holds valuable life lessons that everyone can learn from. The show tends to encourage viewers to be their own superheroes even without masks or superpowers. Marinette is an admirable female protagonist who is a leader with or without her costume, as is Adrien. Although every character has his or her own flaws, they tend to recognize their mistakes and learn from them in each episode. In addition, the cast is quite diverse. Through the representation of different ethnicities and genders, the show is very accepting and open-minded. It supports independence, strength, leadership, and other miraculous traits. 

Regardless of one’s age, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir is an enjoyable series to watch. It is apparent that it will develop over time with new ideas and concepts in the works. We all await the day when Ladybug and Cat Noir will finally defeat the supervillains and save the world. Perhaps then their identities can be revealed and a very anticipated romance can begin.

Allyson is a graduate from Susquehanna University with a Bachelor of Science in Luxury Brand Marketing and Management. Outside of the classroom, she could be found writing articles for Her Campus, teaching ballet, and singing showtunes.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University