This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

If you haven’t heard, iCarly is back and better than ever. The hit television show landed on Netflix’s platform and has been trending ever since. Here are five reasons why you should tune in and why we are stanning the return of this iconic show.

1. Spencer Shay

Spencer, who is Carly’s brother, is the artistic icon we loved and looked up to as a kid and still do to this day. He is fun, funny, and all around, a good time. He keeps the show rolling. There is literally never a dull moment when Spencer is on the show. Whenever he builds a new sculpture and it just bursts into flames or just his presence, in general, could bring a smile to anyone’s face.

2. Childhood Nostalgia

There are so many things this show brings back for me, and I’m sure many other iCarly viewers can agree. It reminds me of afternoons in my house with a Capri Sun and sandwich on the couch, wishing I had my own web show. Freddie, Sam, and Carly’s friendship was simply the best, and I stand by this.

3. Understanding the Jokes

As a kid, lots of things just go over our heads. But when you watch these shows as you get older, you come to realize that these shows had some underlying humor for the adults that were forced to watch them. Just like SpongeBob and some of the other classics, there are jokes thrown in along the way that you really wouldn’t understand unless you re-watched the series in your 20’s. If you want to know what I’m talking about, just tune in. You’ll know what I’m talking about.

4. Totally Binge-Worthy

iCarly is one of those shows that just doesn’t get old. Every show is different, incorporating new ideas and jokes that keep me laughing. Sometimes, we even meet new characters like Lubert the doorman, Gibby, Mrs. Bensen, and more who bring even more comedy and life to the show.

5. Great for Bonding with the Roomies

After a long day of classes, this show is great to throw on to unwind and revert back to our childish ways. My roommates and I have successfully sat down and spoken no words to each other for hours on end watching this perfectly crafted show.

What I am trying to say is, if you haven’t opened the door back up to your childhood yet, DO IT! iCarly is literally sending us right now, and if you’re feeling any type of way after your midterms, I can almost guarantee that this show will help you out.

Junior at Susquehanna University Journalism/Photography President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Susqu Class of 2022
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University