Surviving Snowy Days When You Don’t Have a Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

If you are like me and you go to a school that never cancels because of snow, you may need a couple of ideas on what you can do to make sure that you don’t get hurt. I personally have a friend that slipped on the black ice twice and hit her head so hard that she ended up with a disorder that makes it so her memory is non-existent. I also have a friend that sprained her ankle because she slipped on the ice. 

At my school, they do their best to plow the sidewalks but when they do it while it is still snowing it honestly defeats the purpose. Salt only does so much and it does not do anything for the people that are going to class when it is on the side. 

The best way to survive a snow day is to hope that your professors will cancel class and then make sure that you can just stay in your building and watch movies all day. I personally just binge-watch Netflix and do homework because I love to relax and not leave my room if I don’t have to. 

Another way to survive is to make sure that you have good snow boots to wear because proper footwear is very important. I can’t even count how many times my friends and I have heard that this semester. I find myself wearing rainboots most of the time and I am not going to lie but sometimes they don’t have very good traction.

Aside from wearing boots always wear a puffy coat so that if you fall you don’t get hurt as bad! Make sure to protect your head if you do fall because you don’t want a concussion. Not being able to graduate with the rest of your class is not something that you really want to think about because you fell on ice that the school was not able to plow in time. 

Surviving is hard but I believe in everyone out there so make sure that you bundle up and wear boots when needed!

Accounting Major with a Minor in Personal and Organizational Communications
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University