This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It doesn’t seem at all possible that just a few months ago, we were moving onto campus to start our sophomore year. Now it’s over with the exception of finals and all I can say is wow.

Time has flown by so fast, and opportunities have risen in every direction. Most of us have on-campus jobs, joined clubs, maybe rushed Greek Life, or studied abroad. All within one year at school our eyes have been opened to a whole new world of wonder.

Sophomore year was crazy, busy, exciting, and everything in between. I got to live in upperclassmen housing and loved it! I was accepted to my study abroad trip; it sadly was canceled, but I now know what I am capable of achieving! I have two jobs on campus, involved myself in clubs, and worked my way to editor in one and vice president/editor positions in another.

I wrote earlier about the sophomore slump and how we may all experience some type of hardship during this time at college. Honestly, if you asked me in September what I think I would accomplish at school this year, none of the aforementioned stuff would come up. My first week back I was so overwhelmed and anxiety-ridden that I didn’t know if I would even stay at school.

Luckily for me, I got the help I needed from family and friends and was able to pull myself up. Since then all of these wonderful things have happened to me and I am so proud to say that I am now a junior in college! Nothing prepared me for the journey college has taken me on, but from the day I committed to now, I would look back on nothing.

Although our time on campus was cut short, there isn’t a single moment I regret. Susquehanna brought me so many new friends and even people I consider family. They supplied me with the tools I need while working from home, and continue to make their students feel supported. I absolutely love my school, classmates, professors, president, and every person who I have ever met on that campus. I can’t wait to get back and see what junior year has in store.

See ya later sophomore year!

Junior at Susquehanna University Journalism/Photography President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Susqu Class of 2022
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University