Open Letter to Spotify Premium

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Dear Spotify Student Premium, 

I really don’t know what I would do without you. You are, quite literally, everything I’ve ever wanted and needed. You’re there for me on my good days and on the bad ones. You support me on long road trips through the middle of nowhere and play all my favorite jams in the mornings when I’m getting ready for class. You do everything I ask you and nothing that I don’t. To be honest, you’re more accommodating than any boyfriend I could ever hope to have. 

You listen to me when I talk about my favorite music, and then you play those songs for me all the time. Even better than that, you make me playlists every single day of songs I love and other songs you really think I’ll love. You even tell me when all my favorite artists release new music. You have a playlist for everything and all I have to do is search for it.  

Spotify, you give me the freedom I need. I can make my own playlists, or I can pick one song and listen to it 700 times in a row, and you’ll never judge me either way. You let me make my own playlist of sad songs and then you let me listen to it every day. You don’t harass me with ads like everyone else does. You don’t care about selling me things. I like that. I like that a lot.  

Most importantly, you share your friends with me. Ever since you started hanging out with Hulu, you’ve let me hang out too. Without you, I would have no way to binge watch Full House when I should be studying and honestly, that’s the greatest gift anyone has ever given me.  

So thank you Spotify. Thanks for being here while I’ve laughed, cried, danced, and sang my heart out in the car. You’re my hero, my best friend, and the love of my life. 

With love and appreciation, 

Your Favorite Listener  

The journey to where I want to be includes writing a lot of words and eating a lot of fries. 
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.