This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Following the success of Neflix’s binge-worthy series The Haunting of Hill House, the follow up horror The Haunting of Bly Manor was released.

After spending an entire day locked away in my dorm room, I rate this show a 10/10. There are so many twists and turns throughout the 9 episodes. From family unrest to ghostly premonitions that linger around the manor, there is never a dull moment.

The cast of Bly Manor consists of Victoria Pedretti who plays Dani Clayton or the Au Pair (nanny) as referred to in most episodes. She, without giving out too many spoilers, runs from America to England and reads an advertisement put out by the children’s (Miles and Flora) uncle.

Uncle Henry Wingrave, as played by Henry Thomas, has put out the ad seeking a caretaker for the children after his brother and sister-in-law passed away in an accident. There is much more to that story so believe me I haven’t spoiled anything yet! Anyway, he hires the new Au Pair and she meets all of the people who work on the property.

The people she comes to meet are Owen the chef, Jamie the gardener, Ms. Grose/Hannah the housekeeper, and of course Miles and Flora (the children). In the beginning things seem quite normal around the beautiful countryside of Bly, but as we soon learn, each of these characters has quite a story that precedes them.

Dani (the Au Pair), also comes with her own set of casualties that continue to haunt her throughout the entirety of the show. After watching about two episodes I was immediately hooked and needed to know every ounce of what was going on with Dani, the kids, and everyone else in the show.

Like I said before, it took me a day to complete the nine episodes because they all range from 45 minutes to a little over an hour long. They are all 100% worth the watch party, though, so if you get the chance, grab a snack and dig in! This is the perfect way to kick off some spooky season festivities. My props to Netflix, for they never fail to keep me roped in to their horror shows. I can not wait to see what comes next!

Junior at Susquehanna University Journalism/Photography President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Susqu Class of 2022
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University