jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

For the Love of all Things Pumpkin!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Happy fall, everyone! I am so excited about this season! I get to wear my scarves and my sweaters, but most importantly, pumpkin “everything” comes out for a few months! There are pumpkin spice drinks, soups, rolls, and pies. Pumpkin makes everything about this season just a little bit better.

First and foremost, there is the ultimate Starbucks drink, the Pumpkin Spice Latte, or as most people call it, the PSL. This drink is one of my favorites for a nice cool, fall morning. It helps me wake up and have a happy beginning to a wonderful day! Another one of my favorites is pumpkin soup. As most people say, fall and winter is soup weather, not pumpkin weather. But why not combine the two? Especially on a long, busy day, I love coming home to a fresh bowl of pumpkin soup that can warm me up on those chilly days. When November rolls around, we cannot forget about Thanksgiving, which is the best holiday by far. We can agree to disagree on this one. My best memory of thanksgiving is baking pies with my grandmother on the Wednesday before the big day. She makes a mean apple pie, but her pumpkin pie is where it’s at because it is all homemade!

Even though foods that contain pumpkin are everything, there are other things that make this season magical. Like pumpkin spice candles. I have a wax melter in my dorm room that I just changed to my pumpkin spice scent, and let me tell you, it was the best decision I have ever made. The smell makes a space feel homie and sweet!

As the days get cooler, grab your favorite sweater, your favorite scarves, and enjoy something pumpkin, because that is what fall, in my perspective, is all about!

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I am a psychology major at Susquehanna University.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University