This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

To one of my best friends,

A couple years ago we became really close and my life has been so much brighter and happier because of it. I can’t imagine what things would be like without having you to laugh with and bounce things off of. A lot of change is coming around the corner and people come and go, but I will always have your back and I know you’ll always have mine, whether that is a good morning text, a two minute phone call or a twenty minute call. We always know how to figure things out even if it takes stepping away at first. I admire your patience and compassion for others even if some don’t treat you the nicest. Your heart is a heart of gold and in my eyes, can go hand in hand with Jesus’. I know if I’m having a bad day, I can always call your name and you’ll be there. You’ve taught me especially over this winter break to just take every moment for what it is and to roll with what life gives, both good and bad because there are always people there to help you through the bad times and always people there to celebrate with you through the good times. You are definitely one of my favorite people to share life’s most special moments with! I know that as the years go on we will grow apart in miles but love knows no distance! I know that I will always find my way back to you even if it will only be a phone call for the rest of our years. You’ve shown me how important it is to cherish each moment and not let it slip through the cracks! Being positive is always better than putting a negative slant on things that might not even happen. Thank you for laughing with me, calling me, texting me and spending time with me this winter break! I will forever be grateful for the special relationship I have found in you and continue to find in you. 

Love,

Your special friend

I wrote this letter to my best friend when winter break was coming to an end. I was so sad to leave her that my heart literally broke in half. It is always hard leaving people from home, whether it is friends or family, neighbors or people from church, but just know that they will always stay in your heart no matter how far apart you are for love knows no distance.

Hi! My name is Sydney and I am a freshman here at Susquehanna. I am a psychology major with a double minor in music and honors. I am in chorale, student government, best buddies, am a student ambassador and now write for her campus! Looking forward to sharing articles with you all!