This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

We all know about facemasks. Self-care: put on a facemask. Skin is dry: put on a facemask. Under-eye circles: put on a facemask. Acne: put on a facemask. But, did you know that FOOT MASKS exist? I didn’t until very recently. This past weekend I was lucky enough to have my Grandma visit! After a wonderful afternoon with her and my mom, she left me a goodie bag. Inside I found a bunch of little treats, including what I thought was a facemask. Much to my surprise, it was actually meant for my feet! Naturally, I was super excited to try this new mask out.

They were cute little slippers of a sort. I had to cut off the very tops and then slide my feet between the 2 pieces of fabric. One element that I really loved was how little mess this mask was. I was worried when I first looked at doing the mask. How could I put a mask on my feet without making a huge mess? Because of their multi-layer design, the mess factor is contained within a thin plastic outside. This also meant that I could walk around while wearing the mask.

Now, as you can see, when I did try to walk around the one slipper’s plastic layer started to split along the seam. Luckily, I was able to use some tape to seal up the tear. An important thing to note about this mask is that you are supposed to keep it on for 60 to 90 minutes. This may seem really long but, when you’re going to camp out in your dorm to do some studying, it’s easy to do.

This particular foot mask is an intensive foot peel. According to the package, any skin that was in contact with the mask will start peeling in 7 to 10 days. Since I just did this mask, I will give you guys an update next week! Having not gotten a pedicure since before school started, this was perfect for me. Once I put the mask on, my feet felt kind of funny at first. Over time though, it felt very normal, albeit cold. One weird thing is that my feet were freezing cold for the rest of the day and kind of pale. Thankfully, a pair of fuzzy socks were able to remedy this problem.

All in all, I’ve been pretty happy with the foot mask so far! While I was a little skeptical at first, the overall experience has been nice so far. I can’t wait to see the final results next week and let you know how well the mask did at fulfilling what it is marketed to do.

“I should infinitely prefer a book...” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University