This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

I have always had a HUGE interest in conspiracy theories. I look through all the facts I can find and form my own opinion on these crazy theories that are all over the internet. One of the ones I have always found to be most interesting is the Elvis Presley conspiracy theory. This one is wild from start to finish. Here we go…

So Elvis was born on January 8th, 1935 and (supposedly) died on August 16th, 1977 of a heart attack at the young age of 42. I say supposedly because many people believe that he didn’t die on this day. The theory is that he never died at all, and faked his death entirely. The main reason for this belief? Witness protection. Elvis is rumored to have been recruited by the FBI as an undercover agent to help in taking down a criminal organization called “The Fraternity.” When Elvis was discovered as a mole, he needed to fake his own death and be put under witness protection in order to be kept safe. While this may sound crazy, there have also been many instances of people claiming to have seen Elvis around after his death. There was even a man who purchased a one-way plane ticket from Memphis to Buenos Aires who supposedly looked a lot like Elvis, and purchased the ticket under the name “Jon Burrows.” Why does the name matter? Well, that is one of the aliases Elvis used to book hotel rooms. Lastly, Elvis’ headstone has his middle name misspelled; Aaron instead of Aron. Many believe this was because it felt wrong to put an actual name on a headstone of a man who was not yet dead, while others believe it was to show the fans that he wasn’t actually dead. Lastly, there has been a reported sighting of a man that looks like Elvis on what would be his 82nd birthday, and there are security guards standing behind the man. Why would a random man need security guards? Easy explanation for that would be that it was Elvis according to some fans.

These are just a few of the reasons this conspiracy came about, and I am not going to share with you what I believe. Your opinion is up to you.

My name is Kelsey and I am a first year marketing major. I have always enjoyed writing, whether it be poetry, personal letters, narratives, or really anything else. I love sharing my story and helping others! I am a strong believer that being kind will take you far in life, and it is always good to bring out the joy in others. "You’re not a victim for sharing your story. You are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth. And you never know who needs your light, your warmth and raging courage." - Alex Elle
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University