This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

For as long as I can remember, my mother and I have been die-hard Grey’s Anatomy fans. From the Mer-Der love story to the losses of some of our favorite characters, we have sat in front of the television on Thursday nights religiously for the past 16 seasons.

The newest season will be airing this coming November, and funnily enough, a friend of mine was searching the internet and discovered that cast member Camilla Luddington, aka Jo Wilson, is a Susquehanna alum!

Though she only attended for a short time, I was astonished to see that one of my favorite characters from the later seasons attended my school! Now, I know full well she has a super busy schedule being her awesome self up on the big screen, but if by any chance she comes across this, here is what I would want her to know!

I am studying at Susquehanna University myself and am currently enrolled in my junior year! Like you, I am in the journalism/communications field and looking to get myself to the next level. I fell in love with Susquehanna the minute I stepped onto campus and the fact that I am walking where you once did is WILD!

2020 has been absolutely crazy and I cannot wait to see how you, Ellen Pompeo, James Pickens Jr., and the rest of the cast portray it in this coming season. Speaking from the perspective of a fanatic of the show, I’m hoping that your character finds her way back to Justin Chambers (Alex Karev) because that was heartbreaking.

Also, if you get a chance to read this, I would love to know how you got where you are today (the internet can only tell us so much; coming from the source, well that’s so much better). Although acting wasn’t my game plan going into college, writing for sitcoms or television shows is something I would love to try!

Camilla, if you’re out there, there is nothing I would love more than to meet you, the cast, the directors, and everyone who plays a vital role in making my beloved television show. Normally I don’t ask for things like this, but if one day I got the chance for you or Ellen to even notice me, I would consider myself accomplished.

Junior at Susquehanna University Journalism/Photography President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Susqu Class of 2022
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University