The Best Christmas Albums to get You Into a Festive Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

As it is officially mid-November, it is also officially acceptable to listen to Christmas music, though I have been listening to holiday music since about the beginning of October. I listen to Christmas music while doing homework, studying, trying to fall asleep–basically every second I possibly can, and I am so excited to celebrate this festive season on campus. So, I decided to share the albums I’ve been listening to in hopes to get you guys into the spirit as well

Under the Mistletoe (Justin Bieber)

I am not a huge fan of this artist, but his holiday album is one of my favorites. From his originals on this album (“Mistletoe” and “Fa La La”) to his covers of classics (“Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” and “All I Want For Christmas Is You”), this album has high energy that makes even the grouchiest grinch excited for Christmas.

Noel (Josh Groban)

This might actually be my favorite Christmas album of all time. Josh Groban has the voice of an angel, and I feel blessed to be alive at the same time that this album exists. Every song on this album is amazing, and it is literally impossible to not be in the Christmas spirit after listening to this perfection.

Sounds of the Season: The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection (Taylor Swift)

As already established, I love some T-Swift, and her holiday album is no exception. She has the beloved classics (“Last Christmas” and “Santa Baby”), as well as incorporating her signature country, breakup songs (“Christmases When You Were Mine”). Though this album is quite short–only featuring six songs–it will still definitely get you excited for the festive season!

Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University