This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Recently, I gave myself an incredible birthday present… A concussion! Since my 21st birthday, my brain has been, on the fritz. The solution? Avoiding reading, writing, and using screens. My solution? Podcasts. More specifically, Guys We F****d.

Guys We F****d (GWF) is the anti-slut shaming podcast co-hosted by comedians Krystyna Hutchinson and Corinne Fisher. Since their premiere episode in 2014, the comedy duo has been tackling all topics of sexuality. Starting as a place to talk about all things sex with past lovers, the podcast now hosts a variety of comedians, actors, porn stars, drag queens, and sexual health experts. GWF is interesting, scandalous, and empowering.

The guests and hosts alike are funny and honest. It’s rare for anyone to hold anything back, making each episode hilarious and thought-provoking. Every episode features advice segments with emails from listeners, life updates on the hosts, and in-depth interviews with guests. This provides a wide variety of viewpoints on endless topics in an open discussion platform. From kinks to sexual assault, abortion, safe sex, STIs, and feminism, they tackle everything from as many angles as possible, proving time and time again they are willing to listen to opinions different from their own and discuss those views.

Some of my favorite episodes have been “Everyone had to die for you to set Fucked?”  which follows the hilarious journey of comedian Ray Gootz on his quest to finally lose his virginity in his 30’s. (Spoiler: a lot of people die.) I also liked “When Did You Notice something Was Different?” which is an eye-opening interview with the parents of a 7-year-old trans girl. One of the most off-the-rails episodes is “Am I Just F*****g Crazy? W/ Amanda Knox.” It’s an interview with Amanda Knox, a woman who was falsely accused of murder while studying abroad in Italy and held in an Italian prison for 4 years.

GWF has gotten me through many of the endlessly boring days of my concussion recovery and will go on to be part of my Friday routine for a long time. You can find Guys We F****d on Spotify, Soundcloud, Stitcher, and iTunes.

The journey to where I want to be includes writing a lot of words and eating a lot of fries.