This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Fall is a season of sweaters and crunching leaves in between the cracks of your boots, but can also be the season of high stress and anxiety. With midterms right around the corner and the first month of classes behind you, sometimes, your fall bucket list can disappear (spooked). Here are 5 helpful tips on how to treat yourself this fall.

1. Go apple picking!

Apple picking is one of the most fall-y and relaxing things to do in the fall. Especially on a cool, crisp day, picking the perfect apple off the tree can be so rewarding. And hey, while you’re at it, eat a fresh apple from the tree! The taste is so tart and sweet, nothing compares to it. Below is an image of my beautiful roomie and an equally beautiful apple we picked last week. So fun!

2. Drink a PSL or eat an Apple Cider Donut.

So I am lowkey a hypocrite here when I say this because I have never actually had a pumpkin spice latte BUT I’ve heard there amazing from multiple sources and they’re super popular in the fall. Apple cider donuts are super easy to find this time of year and are especially delicious when paired with apple cider. Below is a picture of me eating an apple cider donut before writing this article because I was #stressed and it definitely calmed me down. Food and drink is actually a great way to relieve stress (in moderation) due to the aroma and taste, they actually release endorphins (the happy chemical) and triggers the parasympathetic nervous system (the rest and digest system).

3. Decorate your hall with Halloween decorations!

This one is super fun and super cheap. Get some decorations from CVS, put flyers on everyone’s door that you’re holding a hall decorating part, bake some cookies, and have some tunes playing! This is a great way to bond with your hall as well as get the hall looking quite spooky. I actually threw a hall decorating party a few days ago and did just this and it was a super fun way to get to know the girls on my floor, eat some yummy treats, and get the spooky vibe flowing! Below are some pics of the hall post-decorating.

4. Buy a cute fall outfit.

Fall clothes are the cutest clothes of any season. I know spending money can be stressful, but at stores like H&M, Marshalls, and my favorite, Primark, spending money doesn’t have to be stressful. I bought the cutest fall sweater at Primark for $10 and I get so many compliments on it! I wish I had a picture for this one, but I do not!

5. Bake some treats with your roomies!

Take some of those apples you got from apple picking or simply go to the store and buy some, look up a recipe on Buzzfeed, and bake a pie! You could even go to CVS (I love CVS, can you tell?), buy some break-and-bake cookies, pop them in the oven, and have a cookie and halloween movie night with your roomies. Whatever you do, have fun and eat those treats!

I hope these tips helped in trying to relieve your fall stress. I can speak for myself when I say I have found these tips most effective. Happy fall everyone!