This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

The month of October is coming to an end, and Halloween is quickly approaching. Despite this, if you’re still looking for a scary yet educational adventure before the month is over, visiting Salem, Massachusetts is mandatory. The town’s old history concerning the appalling witch trials that occurred there, in addition to the tourist attractions make it a fun learning experience that you will never forget. Here are a few landmarks in the town that you need to see:

The Witch Memorial

This memorial was constructed in honor of the men and women who were executed after being accused of witch craft in 1692. Famous names include: Giles Corey, Sarah Good, and Rebecca Nurse.

Salem Witch Museum

This museum offers a presentation of the trials, shown from 13 life size stage sets with characters included. It also has a witch exhibit showcasing the “Interpretation of Witches” throughout the years.

Hocus Pocus Film Locations

Hocus Pocus, one of the most popular movies shown around Halloween time, was mainly filmed in Salem. Tourists can visit locations around the town such as City Hall, and the “Sanderson Sisters” house and even photograph it.

There are just a few of the numerous historical and interesting sites in the town. Salem is full of history and fun, so whether you stumble upon it or plan out a day trip, you’re bound to learn something about the infamous “Witch City”!