Profile: Emilio Guido

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Emilio Guido

Graduation Year: 2019

Major: Business Management

On Campus Involvement: Entrepreneurship Club, RamCam Productions and Suffolk Free Radio (Food For Thought Fridays at 6pm)

Astrological Sign: Aries

Favorite Color: Blue

When did you know you wanted to start a clothing company?

Designing clothes has always been the one interest I have never lost passion for since I began making designs on PowerPoint in 9th grade. Then, in my sophomore year I started my first clothing company called Free Mind Clothing. I created four simple designs with slogans such as “Stay Humble. Stay Hungry.” and “Free Minds Never Sleep”. It went well in the beginning but due to the lack of experience and my small town, I ran out of customers and was left with a box full of inventory. All of the experiences I gained from running FMC for a few years have helped me efficiently run Age of Information, which I founded in the summer of 2016. That summer was when I showed maturation in my designs and meanings behind my work. More importantly, it was when I had enough money to spend on a few initial t-shirt designs.

Where do you pull inspiration from for your designs?

My inspiration usually comes from my life experiences and values. For example, loyalty and family are very important to me and I am able to show that through my work. I also draw inspiration from song lyrics. I like to take song lyrics and create a visual interpretation of them.

What is your favorite thing about designing clothes?

I love designing clothes because it gives me the opportunity to express my values and who I am through a t-shirt. When I walk around the city I see people wearing all kinds of t-shirts and I believe what you wear can represent who you are. So I see designing clothing as an opportunity to explain who I am to a complete stranger.

Where can people purchase your items?

We can be found on Instagram @ageofinfo. People can find our products on ageofinfo.com. We recently placed a few of our products in a local clothing boutique called One Gig. They are located at 1 Bromfield St., the street right next Suffolk’s Sargent Hall law building. Definitely follow our Instagram page, we will be releasing a new hoodie within the next month.

Who are some of your favorite designers?

Jeff Staple, founder of Staple Design and Marc Ecko of Ecko Unlimited are huge inspirations because of their wealth of knowledge on the fashion industry and experiences as company owners. Another inspiration of mine is Shinsuke Takizawa, founder of NEIGHBORHOOD which is a bad ass, modernistic biker clothing brand. I find a lot of Japanese streetwear to be futuristic and beautifully crafted. It is work I one day aspire to create.

Who would you have play you in a movie about your life?

Jake Gyllenhaal. He is a phenomenal actor, capable of working any role. I am a huge fan of Donnie Darko which he starred in. Nightcrawler was also another tremendous film he did.

What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?

1. A hammock, might as well enjoy the beautiful weather since I may not make it back to civilization.

2. A knife, to cut fruit and logs.

3. Sunscreen, an often overlooked necessity if I plan to be outside under the sun all day.
.