Pretty In Pink Party 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Located in the middle of downtown Boston, the students of Suffolk University have a world of opportunity around them. Although it’s an nontraditional set up, lacking a campus or a true student ‘hub,’ the girls of Her Campus Suffolk decided that they’re was untapped potential to bring the school together and use the numerous resources and places around them. With a itch to get event planning rolling and a desire to give back, HC Suffolk coined an October event entitled ‘Pretty in Pink’ – a benefit to bring friends together and create a huge profit to donate complete to charity, specifically, the American Cancer Society. 

October 21st, 2015 brought about the event’s fifth annual occurrence. With Suffolk’s academic school year not beginning until after Labor Day, HC Suffolk’s Event Coordinators, Sydney Fonseca and Camilla Pirete began their planning efforts starting as early as July. Their goal was to find a place with mass student appeal – easily to get to in the city from Suffolk’s campus, not gender biased, and somewhere that seemed overall like an intriguing place to be; The Bleacher Bar, located inside Fenway Park fit all their criterion. Party goers were a mere inch from Fenway dirt, and on the same ground level as the field itself, not something that can easily be done unless you’ve been to the venue before. They wanted to keep guests both intrigued to come to the event and engaged enough to stay, so HC Suffolk provided free food from the Bleacher Bar, a photo booth, and raffled off prizes such as Marshall’s gift cards and a Kuerig. 

The night turned out to be a huge success – with the biggest attendee number to the event to date and raising almost $300 for the American Cancer Society, Pretty in Pink was an accomplishment for the HC Suffolk Team and cancer research alike. HUGE thank you to everyone who came out and supported the very important cause!