image007png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
image007png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Places to Eat and Shop in Provincetown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Ever since I was little, I’ve gone to Provincetown in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Provincetown is at the tip of Cape Cod and consists of a lot of different places to shop and eat. Here’s my favorite places to eat and shop in Provincetown!

Places to Eat and Snack

Bubala’s By The Bay

Bubala’s is one of my go to places to eat. The menu has a variation of seafood, burgers, tacos and salads. My go to is a cup of the classic clam chowder for lunch. For dinner, I would get the fried fish tacos. They have an outside colorful patio or you can choose to sit inside with a variety of artwork.

The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot is a well known seafood restaurant in Provincetown. They have a variety of ways that they cook their lobsters. You can have it boiled, baked stuffed or pan roasted. Lobster Pot is vegetarian friendly and has vegan and gluten free options. If you’re a big seafood fan, I highly recommend it!

Ben and Jerry’s

Ben and Jerry’s is my all time favorite ice cream place and it’s very popular in Cape Cod. Ben and Jerry’s has a bunch of different and unique ice cream flavors. They also serve sundaes, shakes, smoothies, chocolate chip cookies, brownies and pre-packed pints. My go to is a half baked shake, made with half baked ice cream and milk topped with whipped cream. They also have a bunch of different vegan flavors, like chocolate chip cookie dough and it can be made into a shake with almond milk. The Provincetown shop is closed at the moment, but on the way up there are a bunch of shops.

Places to Shop

Shop Therapy

Shop Therapy is a hippie style store with different clothes, jewelry, postcards and posters. Some items I’ve bought in the past are headbands, dream catchers, bags and prayer flags. They also sell a variety of t-shirts with old bands like the Grateful Dead. If you’re looking to add something to your room, they have a bunch of colorful tapestries for reasonable prices.

Marine Specialties

Marine Specialities is a unique shop that sells a variety of things. When you walk into the store there’s clothes, license plates, stuff animals, and shoes everywhere. When you go into the store, there is always something new. On my recent trip I bought an old pin from the Olympics and RBG Judgemints. When I was at the store, there was a huge selection old posters with Marilyn Monroe, the license plates from different states and boxes of pins that are only 95 cents. If you’re looking for unique gifts this is the place to go.

Vintage in Vogue

If you want to travel back in time and go shopping, this is the place for you! Vintage in Vogue has old clothing and antiques, from old prom dresses to chic jackets. They also sell a variety of bags and hats for different occasions. My favorite part is looking at the gorgeous jewelry and flipping through the old magazines.

I’m a freshman at Suffolk University, majoring in Media and Film. I love fashion, movies, and running. I'm excited to write for Her Campus!
Lauren Comeau is a senior at Suffolk University with a major in Print and Web Journalism. She is originally from North Reading, MA. At Suffolk, she is a member of the Program Council, hosts her own nighttime radio show, and enjoys writing for the university's chapter of Her Campus. Lauren is an avid movie fan, loves One Direction, and often spends long hours experimenting with new baking recipes.