How to Make Your Concert Experience Out of This World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

As students in the city, there are constantly events and concerts occurring. But how do we make those cheap seats feel just as good as being in the front row? Here are 5 tips and tricks to make even the worst seats feel like the best.  

1. Rock your best look.

Being comfortable and confident is one of the most important steps in enjoying the concert experience. While wearing those super cute high heels that have been hiding in the back of your closet for months may seem like a good idea, it isn’t. The throbbing pain in your feet will take away from the joy of the show, and leave some nasty blisters for days to come. Bring out your most confident look in the most comfortable way you can and you’ll be on your way to an amazing night.

2. Make a good pump up playlist.

Whether it be songs from the artist you are going to see, or simply some great songs that get you hyped up, having a great playlist to get ready to is key. This will help you get in the mood for a good time, and put you in the right mindset for any concert.

3. Dance like nobody’s watching

If you are in the balcony or even orchestra seats, it may seem odd to stand up and let loose during a concert. However, getting up and dancing along to the music is one of the best ways to completely indulge yourself into the experience. You’ve probably danced to these songs in your room, or sang them in the shower as if you were front row at their concert, so why not show off those great moves when you see them live? It doesn’t matter where your seats are, get up off your feet to have the best time!

4.  Put your phone away!

While it is perfectly reasonable to record the bands all time biggest hit and snap a few pictures of your favorite artist, don’t live on your phone the whole concert! If you wanted to watch them on your screen you could have stayed home wrapped in some blankets instead of rocking out at their live show. Avoid live tweeting the event and save your Instagram posts for later. Clogging up your friend’s snapchat feed with endless videos won’t achieve anything! They probably won’t even watch it all the way through! Disconnect and enjoy every second of the live experience. Focus on the music, the artist and the atmosphere of the show as much as you can.

5. Don’t rush out of the venue after the show!

Some artists will come out to meet you after the show, and even if they don’t, it is totally worth sticking around to scope it out. Usually a security guard will be camped out by the artists tour bus and can give you a pretty good idea on if they are going to come out to say hi. By checking this out you can turn your cheap seats into a VIP experience, and even if they don’t come say hi, you’ve still got that awesome concert experience under your belt!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.