February and March: The Months of New Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

For all my fellow movie-lovers out there: February and March are our months! So many good films have been and will be released! To help you keep up with all of it, here is a little list of the awesomeness that will be on the big screens these months.

Deadpool

Ryan Reynolds should be reason enough for you to go see Deadpool! This movie is about a former Special Forces operative turned mercenary – Wade Wilson (played by Ryan!).  He’s subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with superpowers and gives him alter ego Deadpool. With it’s dark and twisted humor, this movie is a must watch for sure! In theaters February 12th.

How to Be Single

The cast of this movie is promising enough for anyone to want to see this movie! With Dakota Johnson, Rebel Wilson, Alison Brie and Leslie Mann, you cannot go wrong. This movie is about six people who all are trying to find the right way to be single in a world filled with ever-evolving definitions of love. In theaters February 12th.

Zoolander 2

With basically every famous person alive in this movie, this is one that you cannot ignore! From Kristen Wiig to Justin Bieber to Katy Perry to Anna Wintour (and basically every other fashion legend), these names are just a few out of a long list of key actors. The movie is about Derek Zoolander and Hansel who try to return to modeling as an opposing party tries to stop them. In theaters February 12th.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Any movie with Tina Fey is a good one in my book! Add in Margot Robbie and Martin Freeman and you have a winner! In this comedy war film, Tina plays a war correspondent in Afghanistan and Pakistan where she develops a crazy relationship with a fellow journalist. In theaters March 4th.

The Divergent Series: Allegiant

If you loved Divergent and Insurgent as much as I did, there is no question whether or not you should go and see this movie! If you have not seen these two, you have a little time left to do so and fall in love with the series! In this new one, the characters’ escape and go beyond the wall and continue their journey with difficult choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love. In theaters March 18th.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ben Affleck vs Henry Cavill: need we say more? With both of these amazing (and very pleasant for the eye) actors in the battle of the century, this movie is very promising! If you’re as into superhero movies as I am, this is a must watch. In theaters March 25th.

Time to hit up the movie theaters ASAP!