Fall Album Releases Coming Soon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Katy Perry, Prism – October 22nd: After three long years, Katy Perry is finally back with her third studio album. Prism is set to release on October 22nd and fans are already more than ready for this album. Her lead single “Roar” has already become her biggest hit yet. She recently released previews of other songs from the album that are equally as good as “Roar,” if not better. This album could possibly be Katy’s best one so far.

Roar

Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – November 5: Guess who’s back? Eminem is set to release his highly anticipated eighth studio album next month, his first since Recovery, released in 2010. A sequel to his greatly successful 2001 album, The Marshall Mathers LP, this album is sure to please. In fact, his 2001 album is widely respected as one of the best modern hip-hop albums. The hip-hop legend Slip Shady announced the release date of his next album as part of a commercial for Beats by Dr. Dre, aired during the 2013 VMAs, and a single, “Berzerk” was released on August 27th. With 13 Grammy’s up his sleeve, there is few doubt that his new album will be anything but great. Everyone could use some more Eminem pump-up songs to add to the gym playlist, right?

Berzerk

Lady Gaga, Art Pop – November 8: “Fueled by wild creativity and artful provocation”, the queen of pop is back with her third studio album. The release of the album’s first single, “Applause”, is the first new music by Lady Gaga since her last album from 2011, Born This Way. As we all know, Gaga is completely unpredictable and full of surprises, making this album even more anticipated. Who knows what she has in store for us this time around? Judging from “Applause”, it may be safe to say that we have a few good dance numbers coming our way. Needless to say, the talented, 5-time Grammy winner and New York City native will not disappoint. 

Applause

One Direction, Midnight Memories – November 25: Our favorite British-Irish boy band has announced the release date of their third album. These five boys are on top of the world at the moment, after their successful 3-D concert-movie and their recent VMA win for “Best Song Ever”. It has been hinted that this time around, the band may have a bit of a rougher edge to the smooth, pop-y sound they are known for. Member Liam Payne spoke of how the band spent a lot of time writing the album and they are very proud of it. Hopefully their rabid, Beatlemania-like fans will agree!

Best Song Ever

Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell