Campus Celeb: Samantha Crompton

Name:  Samantha Crompton

Class: 2015

Hometown: Andover, MA

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Blog: http://www.fenwayfashionista.com

Instagram: @fenwayfashionista

HC: How did you decide to start blogging to showcase your style?

SC: I had the opportunity in a class here at Suffolk to design my own website and I decided to start my blog in that class. From there, I redid my site on my own and I realized that this was something that I wanted to pursue not only as a hobby but as a possible career.

HC: Besides SJP, who else would you consider being your other style influences?

SC: Other than SJP my biggest style influences are other bloggers specifically Amber Fillerup, Negin Mirsalehi, Chiara Ferragni, and Aimee Song.

HC: What spring trends have you been wearing, or are looking forward to wearing once it’s nice out?

SC: Coords are definitely my favorite trend for the spring. I’m really into matching tops and bottoms, especially with bold fun prints. Prints are huge this year, particularly bright floral’s. I also have been wearing a lot of white, which is huge for the warmer months.

HC: Do you have any predictions as to what will be big for summer fashion trends?

SC: Floral midi skirts and matching crop tops.  Also the festival girl look, meaning boho style.  

HC: What drew you to come to Suffolk University?

SC: I have always been a city girl and I love that Suffolk is in the heart of the city. I also wanted to major in Broadcast Journalism and Suffolk has a good program for that and a lot of resources available.

HC: You were recently featured in a CBS Local post. What was that experience like?

SC: I was really excited to be featured in a CBS local post. It was an honor to be asked. I was approached about writing a piece on spring trends and was really stoked to write it on that because of all the cold weather we’ve been having!

HC: What are some of your favorite brands for everyday looks, and for going out looks?

SC: A lot of the brands I like for everyday looks and going out are from Nordstrom. For jeans my go to is rag & bone and for going out I love Topshop, but my wardrobe is made up of many different brands.

HC: How do you balance the time between school, writing posts, and taking photos for your blog and Instagram?

SC: A blog takes up a lot of time, but to help, when I have free time, I take numerous outfit posts in one day so I have an inventory on the days that I don’t have time to shoot. Also, I write posts ahead of time and assign a time for when they will go live on my site.

HC: Do you have advice for anyone looking to start his or her own blog?

SC: Content, content, content. Content is everything.  To have a successful blog you have to constantly post and be consistent about what you post. Also, be yourself, and find a unique spin that differs in some way from other bloggers.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years, and do you plan on updating your blog along the way?

SC: Hopefully working in the fashion industry, reporting on the latest trends and expanding my blog into a fashion outlet. I have had my blog for less than a year and have changed my site three times already, so I will definitely be updating it along the way.