Campus Celeb: Samantha Crompton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name:  Samantha Crompton

Class: 2015

Hometown: Andover, MA

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Blog: http://www.fenwayfashionista.com

Instagram: @fenwayfashionista

HC: How did you decide to start blogging to showcase your style?

SC: I had the opportunity in a class here at Suffolk to design my own website and I decided to start my blog in that class. From there, I redid my site on my own and I realized that this was something that I wanted to pursue not only as a hobby but as a possible career.

HC: Besides SJP, who else would you consider being your other style influences?

SC: Other than SJP my biggest style influences are other bloggers specifically Amber Fillerup, Negin Mirsalehi, Chiara Ferragni, and Aimee Song.

HC: What spring trends have you been wearing, or are looking forward to wearing once it’s nice out?

SC: Coords are definitely my favorite trend for the spring. I’m really into matching tops and bottoms, especially with bold fun prints. Prints are huge this year, particularly bright floral’s. I also have been wearing a lot of white, which is huge for the warmer months.

HC: Do you have any predictions as to what will be big for summer fashion trends?

SC: Floral midi skirts and matching crop tops.  Also the festival girl look, meaning boho style.  

HC: What drew you to come to Suffolk University?

SC: I have always been a city girl and I love that Suffolk is in the heart of the city. I also wanted to major in Broadcast Journalism and Suffolk has a good program for that and a lot of resources available.

HC: You were recently featured in a CBS Local post. What was that experience like?

SC: I was really excited to be featured in a CBS local post. It was an honor to be asked. I was approached about writing a piece on spring trends and was really stoked to write it on that because of all the cold weather we’ve been having!

HC: What are some of your favorite brands for everyday looks, and for going out looks?

SC: A lot of the brands I like for everyday looks and going out are from Nordstrom. For jeans my go to is rag & bone and for going out I love Topshop, but my wardrobe is made up of many different brands.

HC: How do you balance the time between school, writing posts, and taking photos for your blog and Instagram?

SC: A blog takes up a lot of time, but to help, when I have free time, I take numerous outfit posts in one day so I have an inventory on the days that I don’t have time to shoot. Also, I write posts ahead of time and assign a time for when they will go live on my site.

HC: Do you have advice for anyone looking to start his or her own blog?

SC: Content, content, content. Content is everything.  To have a successful blog you have to constantly post and be consistent about what you post. Also, be yourself, and find a unique spin that differs in some way from other bloggers.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years, and do you plan on updating your blog along the way?

SC: Hopefully working in the fashion industry, reporting on the latest trends and expanding my blog into a fashion outlet. I have had my blog for less than a year and have changed my site three times already, so I will definitely be updating it along the way.

Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.  
Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.