Best Halloween Movies to Binge All October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

October is right around the corner, so that means finally being able to binge watch your favorite Halloween movies! Being in college, it can be hard to find the time to watch some spooky movies and get in the mood for Halloween, but we’re here to break down the ten best Halloween movies to watch between now and October 31st. All you need to do is break out the popcorn and candy corn and start watching!

#1: Hocus Pocus (1993)

This iconic movie turns 25 this year, so it is a must. Also, you can never get enough Bette Midler.

#2: Halloweentown (1998)

For any 90’s kid, this movie brings back so many memories of simpler times with trick-or-treating and dressing up.

#3: The Shining (1980)

What’s Halloween without a little Steven King?

#4: The Addams Family (1991)

Let’s be real, Wednesday Addams was the best part of the entire movie.

#5: Practical Magic (1998)

Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman as badass witches. What more do you need?

#6: Twitches (2005)

The more Tia and Tamara, the better.

#7: Halloween (1978)

Sleep with the lights on after watching this.

#8: Beetlejuice (1988)

I was a little terrified of this movie as a child.

#9: The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

One of the best Tim Burton movies that gets you in both the Halloween and Christmas mood.

#10: Rocky Horror Picture Show

This cult classic is a necessity any time of year.

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.